Flight Simulator now being used by flight instructors

Old December 25th 05, 06:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.students,rec.aviation.simulators

Default Flight Simulator now being used by flight instructors

Y'All,
This is my first time on this group. I have close to 20 years on your
companion group without the S aat the end. I also go back a while in
simulators and flight instruction.
I flew Link trainers for a couple of months waiting for a ship home after
the war. I was the mechanic operatior of a radar bombardment simulator that
may have had some
part in the dropping of the Nagasaki Bomb.

I also found that being able to fly a simulator requires considerable
re-learning when
you get into an airplane. As an instructor I found that un-learning is far
more difficult than learning. There are several elements in flying that can
never be truly duplicated in a simulator. First, there is the risk.
Second, is the selection of options that will make all the difference in
outcome. And, third, luck. Given a choice between good and luck, take
luck.
http://www.whittsflying.com (WWII is at the very end 7.9+)
Gene Whitt

Old December 30th 05, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Gene Whitt wrote:
Y'All,
This is my first time on this group. I have close to 20 years on your
companion group without the S aat the end. I also go back a while in
simulators and flight instruction.

Gene,
May I recommend alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim as the newsgroup you would
be most interested in?
There are many experienced instructors, RL test pilots, WW2 veterans and
professional airline pilots who love debating this sort of thing. Come over!

Cheers,

Quilly

Sorry, but an individual reply goes into my spam filter

Old January 15th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.students,rec.aviation.simulators

I used PC flight simulators when I got my first in 1979 and was laughed at
by my fellow instructors in 1989 when I used Flight Simulator 3 for my
students at Meacham, Fort Worth (KFTW) but they are common place now.

PC Flight Simulators are excellent for training procedures but they will
never replace the real thing.

Martyn Thomas
PC Flying