Need Seniors Contest Trivia and History

Old January 9th 13, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Need Seniors Contest Trivia and History

Howdy Senior Glider Competitors,

I'm refurbishing the seniors website tab on www.soarfl.com and need some history and trivia.

Does anyone know who won the seniors from 1990-1997? Not listed on the ssa's website.

Also, any trivia, tidbits, etc would be greatly appreciated so I can do this contest justice, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Alexander
liv2soar (at) yahoo dot com
Old January 9th 13, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Are you kidding ?
Us Seniors can't even remember what we had for breakfast.
Oh my, maybe I forgot to have breakfast...

See ya, Dave (an *official* Senior this year)
Old January 9th 13, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Scott - Do you have Don Pollard's contact info ?
He's not in great shape but might be able to help with this.
I can try get his info if you don't have it.
Also, what about Knutje and Ingrid ?
See ya, Dave
Old January 9th 13, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Look at the Soaring archive on the SSA website. I'd be surprised if there was a year that didn't have a report about the Seniors.
Old January 9th 13, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:40:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Howdy Senior Glider Competitors,

I'm refurbishing the seniors website tab on www.soarfl.com and need some history and trivia.

Does anyone know who won the seniors from 1990-1997? Not listed on the ssa's website.

Also, any trivia, tidbits, etc would be greatly appreciated so I can do this contest justice, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott Alexander

liv2soar (at) yahoo dot com

I think there's a plaque in the office with the winners listed, except for Walter Weir, who won several times but as an 'alien national' (Canadian) wasn't declared the winner. If the plaque is not there, Walter is.
Old January 9th 13, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dave - I appreciate the humor! I'll increase the font size for seniors to read it easier!

Tony - The sailplane racing results and reports only go back to 1997 on the web.

Charlie Papa - I will be out at Seminole Lake in a few hours and check the wall, great idea.

Anyone else? Any kind of trivia, that might be worthy of placing on a website would be mucho-appreciato...
Old January 9th 13, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have Don Pollards number on the ssa member locator. I'll give him a call.
Old January 9th 13, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:13:47 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Dave - I appreciate the humor! I'll increase the font size for seniors to read it easier! Tony - The sailplane racing results and reports only go back to 1997 on the web. Charlie Papa - I will be out at Seminole Lake in a few hours and check the wall, great idea. Anyone else? Any kind of trivia, that might be worthy of placing on a website would be mucho-appreciato...

no, the magazine archive. Probably one of the top 5 membership benefits of the SSA. http://www.ssa.org/magazine/archive/

btw Don Pollard was the first winner of the Barringer Trophy in 1948.

I do like the large font idea. lol.
Old January 16th 13, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
P1

On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:40:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Howdy Senior Glider Competitors,

I'm refurbishing the seniors website tab on www.soarfl.com and need some history and trivia.

Does anyone know who won the seniors from 1990-1997? Not listed on the ssa's website.

Also, any trivia, tidbits, etc would be greatly appreciated so I can do this contest justice, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott Alexander

liv2soar (at) yahoo dot com

The winner in 1997,1996 and 1994 was Karl Striedieck. Walter Weir, a Canadian, won in 1995 and 1992. George Moffatt won in 1993. The first Seniors was in 1991 and was won by Don Wasness.

Seniors Contest rlovinggood Soaring 18 March 16th 09 12:26 AM
SENIORS CONTEST Gordon Schubert Soaring 62 March 23rd 05 06:40 AM
SENIORS CONTEST Gordon Schubert Soaring 0 March 19th 05 04:07 AM
Seniors Contest Bob Fidler Soaring 68 March 17th 05 03:50 AM
SENIORS CONTEST Gordon Schubert Soaring 1 March 16th 05 12:03 AM