"N444WD-0001.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

Old June 28th 08, 04:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default "N444WD-0001.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

Posted by via
UsenetBinaries.com
The Usenet Binary Newsreader
http://www.usenetbinaries.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N444WD-0001.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	26655
Old June 28th 08, 08:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

Default Why the yEnc?

Ron wrote:

a post with a bunch of yEnc

Ron, why all of the yEnc?

Have you not noticed that nobody ever uses that format, in this group?

It sure would be more to polite of you, to use what is considered standard
in a group.

Plus, most will not take the time to pull up your pictures.
--
Jim in NC

Old June 29th 08, 01:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

"Morgans" wrote in news:uww9k.7087$hy4.5593
@newsfe02.lga:

Ron wrote:

a post with a bunch of yEnc

Ron, why all of the yEnc?

Who cares why? It's a format thats been around for years now and a lot of
people appreciate the format because of the file size reduction. If the
files were another format I would still download them but yEnc is an
acceptable user format that cuts time and size.

Have you not noticed that nobody ever uses that format, in this group?

For the last several years I've been here, I've seen frequent use of yEnc.
Of course, if you keep plonking people who use it, you limit what you see.

People who post using yEnc don't get a thing from it except a reduction in
the time and file sizes they transfer. It's not an a ego thing. It's just
another of the many ways you can post.

It sure would be more to polite of you, to use what is considered
standard in a group.

It might be more tactful to ask a poster to re-send in a format you can
decode rather than be arrogant and strike out at posters using the yEnc
format just because you can't/won't use it.

Plus, most will not take the time to pull up your pictures.

Your absolutely correct. There are some very narrow-minded people here who
consider yEnc to be so bad they believe their computers will get cooties
and the hard-drive will fly-apart.

If not viewing a yEnc post or plonking people makes you feel better go for
it. It's not like a poster is out any money or redeemable user points if
you fail to view it.

The results last time were 50% were against yEnc and 50% were for it. The
final word was download what you want and pass on the rest.

Before anyone gets crazy and says the rules of the group are so and so, it
was already established there are no rules posting using yEnc.
Old June 29th 08, 01:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JH

Clem, I seem to remember you giving someone a hard time for posting in
French! : )
Cheers
JH

7.136...

Old June 29th 08, 01:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Clem" wrote in message
7.136...
For the last several years I've been here, I've seen frequent use of yEnc.
Of course, if you keep plonking people who use it, you limit what you see.

I've been a reg on this group since 1999 and I hardly ever see a yEnc post.
It's been tried (with the same old tired arguments), on a.b.p.animals as
well, much to the consternation of the regs.

Old June 29th 08, 04:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_2_] Mitchell Holman[_2_] is offline
Banned

Ron wrote:

a post with a bunch of yEnc

Ron, why all of the yEnc?

Have you not noticed that nobody ever uses that format, in this group?

It sure would be more to polite of you, to use what is considered standard
in a group.

Plus, most will not take the time to pull up your pictures.

Get Xnews. Views and decodes all formats seamlessly,
including yEnc. Plus, it's free.....

Old June 29th 08, 09:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gene Park

The only ones who like yEnc are the ones who insist on posting that
scheisse. Aggressive ignorance. Who needs to clutter up their computer with
crappy programmes just to view that crap?

On 6/28/08 5:35 PM, in article
, "JH"
wrote:

Clem, I seem to remember you giving someone a hard time for posting in
French! : )
Cheers
JH

7.136...

Old June 29th 08, 02:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HiFlyer

Be nice, Gene! At least THIS group ought to practice civility and
exclude the sociopaths one finds elsewhere.

Everyone has a view, the views are not mutually exclusive, and not one
of us is tiotally correct.

I've spent a small amount to buy Agent and it takes care of all that
for me. I couldn't tell it it were this format or that format. Agent
just produces the lists and the pictures.

HF.

wrote:

Clem, I seem to remember you giving someone a hard time for posting in
French! : )
Cheers
JH

7.136...

Old June 29th 08, 02:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert Moore

HiFlyer wrote
I've spent a small amount to buy Agent and it takes care of all that
for me. I couldn't tell it it were this format or that format. Agent
just produces the lists and the pictures.

As does my favorite, Xnews, a freebe.

Bob Moore
Old June 29th 08, 06:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Eric

Oh no, here goes another 3 months of whiny narrow minded ****
ants...bemoaning the evils of yenc.