Flying School in Florida / Texas

Old October 7th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Killol

Default Flying School in Florida / Texas

Hello Everyone...

I'm looking for flying schools in florida and texas, but not just to
search on the websites.... I'd like to get some first hand information
if anyone has, about particular flying clubs...
Could you just tell me where you've done your flying or where you've
heard that there is good flying and instruction? I'm looking for
something not too expensive, you know...

If you have any information could you let me know?

Thanks a lot!

Killol

Old October 7th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Good luck! :-)

mike

oups.com...

Old October 7th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Killol wrote:
Hello Everyone...

I'm looking for flying schools in florida and texas, but not just to
search on the websites....

There are hundreds, you'd have to narrow it down.
Old October 7th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

That means you need to tell us what ratings you are seeking?
Do you hold any certificate now? Are you a citizen? Do you
want to attend a school full-time and on a rapid pace or
will you be moving and getting a job, flying as you can work
it into your schedule?
Schools and clubs are two different things. There are three
basic kinds of schools, the FAA approved school; the
business that has a school [maybe approved or not] that also
is a full service FBO; and the school that does only
teaching but has not been approved [this is not a bad thing,
school approval is mostly about classroom space, record
keeping and number of toilets].

You can find a list of all FAA approved schools by browsing
www.faa.gov You can find other schools listed at
www.aopa.org and www.eaa.org

There are schools that are associated with colleges and
universities and there are schools that are just a very
skilled and often old CFI with a car and an airplane [car
old and air plane also old, both well maintained and clean].

Old October 7th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"houstondan" wrote in message
ups.com...
easy and cheap....call this number 713-693-5000

snicker

Old October 7th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C. Massey

"houstondan" wrote in message
ups.com...
easy and cheap....call this number 713-693-5000

dan

I second that number. That's a great place. Be sure to say hi to Jack.

Killol wrote:
Hello Everyone...

I'm looking for flying schools in florida and texas, but not just to
search on the websites.... I'd like to get some first hand information
if anyone has, about particular flying clubs...
Could you just tell me where you've done your flying or where you've
heard that there is good flying and instruction? I'm looking for
something not too expensive, you know...

If you have any information could you let me know?

Thanks a lot!

Killol

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0640-5, 10/07/2006
Tested on: 10/7/2006 11:37:15 AM

Old October 7th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C. Massey

"mike regish" wrote in message
OK. I'll bite. Should I know this number?

snip

Google

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0640-5, 10/07/2006
Tested on: 10/7/2006 11:50:21 AM

Old October 7th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"C. Massey" wrote

I second that number. That's a great place. Be sure to say hi to Jack.

HiJack? Don't ever say that at an airport! You could end up in jail! g
--
Jim in NC