Hi Octane Autogas

Old April 9th 04, 02:17 AM
UltraJohn

Default Hi Octane Autogas

One of the gas stations I frequent in my work vehicle carrys 110 leaded
auto gas I thought this was interesting and maybe of use for some with high
compression performance planes (racers).
John
I think it was an Exxon station but if anyones interested I could double
check.

Old April 9th 04, 04:40 AM
Capt.Doug

"UltraJohn" wrote in message One of the gas stations I frequent in my
work vehicle carrys 110 leaded
auto gas I thought this was interesting and maybe of use for some with

high
compression performance planes (racers).
John
I think it was an Exxon station but if anyones interested I could double
check.

What country are you in?

D.

Old April 9th 04, 07:04 AM
G EddieA95

I think it was an Exxon station but if anyones interested I could double
check.

What country are you in?

If it's Exxon, he's in the US. They use the name Esso everyplace else.
Old April 10th 04, 04:02 AM
Capt.Doug

"G EddieA95" wrote in message If it's Exxon, he's in the US. They use
the name Esso everyplace else.

That's what doesn't make sense. How can a roadside gas station in the USA
sell leaded gasoline?

D.

Old April 10th 04, 04:50 AM
Dillon Pyron

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 03:02:28 GMT, "Capt.Doug"
wrote:

"G EddieA95" wrote in message If it's Exxon, he's in the US. They use

the name Esso everyplace else.

That's what doesn't make sense. How can a roadside gas station in the USA
sell leaded gasoline?

D.

Just can't sell it using a filler nozzle that fits into an unleaded
only tank.

110 must be pretty expensive. I use leaded 96 in my race car and it
cost me $3.98/gal. I don't even want to know the price today,
although I'm going to find out real soon.
--
dillon

Life is always short, but only you can make it sweet
Old April 10th 04, 05:47 AM
Morgans

"Capt.Doug" wrote in message
"G EddieA95" wrote in message If it's Exxon, he's in the US. They use

the name Esso everyplace else.

That's what doesn't make sense. How can a roadside gas station in the USA
sell leaded gasoline?

D.

It is intended for race cars, and not for use on the road.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old April 10th 04, 08:13 PM
James R. Freeman

Here in KY near the lakes we get it as BOAT GAS, Large nozzle from a
separate tank system.

ink.net...

Old April 10th 04, 10:09 PM
Richard Lamb

"James R. Freeman" wrote:

Here in KY near the lakes we get it as BOAT GAS, Large nozzle from a
separate tank system.

Oh Man, flashback to when those skinny low lead nozzels first showed up?
Old April 11th 04, 12:01 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:09:17 GMT, Richard Lamb
wrote:

"James R. Freeman" wrote:

Here in KY near the lakes we get it as BOAT GAS, Large nozzle from a
separate tank system.

Oh Man, flashback to when those skinny low lead nozzels first showed up?

Ah, yes, and my dad taking a screwdriver and pulling out the restrictor on
the gas tank so he could put "real" gas in his Monte Carlo....

Ron Wanttaja
Old April 11th 04, 01:24 AM
UltraJohn

I double checked and it was Exxon and it is quite pricey. . .
regular 93 octane here is about 195 and this 110 leaded was 4.25 a gallon!
but hey if your running 12.5 to 13.0 to 1 compression you have to pay the
price. .;-)
John

James R. Freeman wrote:

Here in KY near the lakes we get it as BOAT GAS, Large nozzle from a
separate tank system.

ink.net...