New gliding online directory

Old December 23rd 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan G

Default New gliding online directory

I'm not in any way associated with this site - it's based in the
Netherlands as far as I can tell - but someone really has put a lot of
effort into this:

http://gliding.start4all.com/

Nicely laid out and more gliding-related links than I've ever seen.
Quite a lot explore.
Old December 24th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_1_]

Dan G wrote:
I'm not in any way associated with this site - it's based in the
Netherlands as far as I can tell - but someone really has put a lot of
effort into this:

http://gliding.start4all.com/

Nicely laid out and more gliding-related links than I've ever seen.
Quite a lot explore.

ymmv, but: of the (few) links I looked for or tried:
- Libelle points to a dead domain as do the ASW-19 and ASW-15 Community
links
- there's no ASW-20, Junior, Pegase, Puchacz or SZD entry
- the SDI vario link is incorrect

OTOH the Sailplane Directory, BGA, BGA data sheets all work.

I'm very wary of pages of links because they are so hard to keep
correct. I personally would not publish one without an automated scanner
run every day or two to flag up failed links. Before you ask, yes I do
own such a scanner - I wrote it to keep my private reference pages up to
date, but applying the corrections is a pain. As a result I tend to
minimize the links on my public pages.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old December 24th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan G

Martin Gregorie wrote:
Dan G wrote:
I'm not in any way associated with this site - it's based in the
Netherlands as far as I can tell - but someone really has put a lot of
effort into this:

http://gliding.start4all.com/

Nicely laid out and more gliding-related links than I've ever seen.
Quite a lot explore.

ymmv, but: of the (few) links I looked for or tried:
- Libelle points to a dead domain as do the ASW-19 and ASW-15 Community
links
- there's no ASW-20, Junior, Pegase, Puchacz or SZD entry
- the SDI vario link is incorrect

There is a way to add or update links:

http://www.zweefportaal.nl/phpforms/...fid=adc273b2b5

So if you can correct any dead links or suggest new ones, I'm sure
that would be appreciated.

Dan

Online shop for gliding instruments Mika Koski Soaring 3 October 12th 07 08:52 PM
Online airplane directory Matt Whiting Home Built 2 June 3rd 05 12:45 AM
Aviation Directory [email protected] Owning 0 March 28th 05 04:11 AM
Is there a Directory? Slick Piloting 4 February 1st 05 12:19 AM
The Veterans Directory Otis Willie Naval Aviation 0 December 19th 04 05:04 AM