USAF Bombs Yorkshire!!!!

Old January 14th 04, 12:11 AM
JULIAN HALES

"John Mullen" wrote in message
Jimi wrote:

But there's no Chinese embassy in Yorkshire, is there??

I had the same thoughts :-P

Maybe they were aiming at Scargill?

John

or 2 Jags..( i wish)

Old January 14th 04, 12:37 AM
David Ferris

But there's no Chinese embassy in Yorkshire, is there??

But didn't Yorkshire oppose President Bush's appeal for coalition support
to attack Iraq?

No, wait, that was France.

But didn't Yorkshire sell night-vision equipment to the-- no, no, that was
Russia.

Well, it was really cold and windy last time I was in Yorkshire, so there.

DLF
Sacre bleu!

--
David Ferris
Writer Dude
Old January 14th 04, 01:53 AM
Mary Shafer

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:24:32 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

Rufus wrote:

Ken Duffey wrote:

An item on the BBC news..............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/3389957.stm

An F-15E from Lakenheath dropped a BDU-33 25lb practice bomb - and made
an 18 in crater.

Blue death from above!

Little Bitty Blue Death from above!

(Although I did see a guy kill a rattlesnake with a BDU-33 on the
flightline once... yes, it did have a charge in it and yes, the guy was
an idiot.)

I have a friend who killed a raven out on the China Lake range but I
can't remember if he used Blue Death From Above or a real bomb.

Mary

Old January 14th 04, 02:37 AM

But there's no Chinese embassy in Yorkshire, is there??

But didn't Yorkshire oppose President Bush's appeal for coalition support
to attack Iraq?

No, wait, that was France.

But didn't Yorkshire sell night-vision equipment to the-- no, no, that was
Russia.

Well, it was really cold and windy last time I was in Yorkshire, so there.

DLF
Sacre bleu!

they made me pay for bad food in a resturant!
nuke 'em.
Old January 14th 04, 03:12 AM
Rufus

Rufus wrote:

Ken Duffey wrote:

An item on the BBC news..............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/3389957.stm

An F-15E from Lakenheath dropped a BDU-33 25lb practice bomb - and made
an 18 in crater.

Blue death from above!

Little Bitty Blue Death from above!

(Although I did see a guy kill a rattlesnake with a BDU-33 on the
flightline once... yes, it did have a charge in it and yes, the guy was
an idiot.)

I have a friend who killed a raven out on the China Lake range but I
can't remember if he used Blue Death From Above or a real bomb.

Mary

My friend killed a raven airborne over Baker after all the blue meanies
were expended - he hit it with one of the pylons on an F/A-18. The bird
hit the pylon square, rode up the slanted portion of the pylon and right
through the structure between the leading edge flap and the forward spar
of the wing box. He felt it, but as there were no inications of any
trouble in the cockpit, he made a "routine" approach and landing.
Discovered the damage on the postflight walkaround. Those telltale
black feathers...and that hole in the leading edge flap.

Then there was the guy that hit the flock of pelicans on takeoff - five
of them. He got the jet back around and on deck, but not quite as
"routinely"...

--
- Rufus

Old January 14th 04, 04:05 AM
Jim Carriere

"Rufus" wrote in message news:Os2Nb.51794
My friend killed a raven airborne over Baker after all the blue meanies
were expended - he hit it with one of the pylons on an F/A-18. The bird

One of my friends hit a turkey with a P-3. Or maybe the bird was hotdogging
and made one pass a bit too close. I guess it isn't any easier to miss a
buzzard than a J-8

The aftermath pictures were interesting. The bird hit the leading edge of
one of the wings, clear of the engines, made a big dent. One end of the
neck was hanging from the dent. The other end was still attached to the
lifeless head. That and a few feathers was about it.

Old January 14th 04, 05:07 AM

My friend killed a raven airborne over Baker after all the blue meanies
were expended - he hit it with one of the pylons on an F/A-18. The bird
hit the pylon square, rode up the slanted portion of the pylon and right
through the structure between the leading edge flap and the forward spar
of the wing box. He felt it, but as there were no inications of any
trouble in the cockpit, he made a "routine" approach and landing.
Discovered the damage on the postflight walkaround. Those telltale
black feathers...and that hole in the leading edge flap.

Then there was the guy that hit the flock of pelicans on takeoff - five
of them. He got the jet back around and on deck, but not quite as
"routinely"...

i actually hit a raven riding the beast at steamboat
springs. i was coming up the hill to the gas station and he
had just flapped off and banked to grab a thermal.
broke the headlight and dented the ear.
poor guy was messed up but the rangers took him off to a
shelter.
Old January 14th 04, 05:24 AM
Rufus

e wrote:

[...]

I've hit a few pidgeons with my truck down in south Texas...and narrowly
avoided a flock of turkeys as well. I didn't even think turkeys could
fly...unlike Herb Tarlic...

--
- Rufus

Old January 14th 04, 05:43 AM
Rufus

Jim Carriere wrote:

"Rufus" wrote in message news:Os2Nb.51794

My friend killed a raven airborne over Baker after all the blue meanies
were expended - he hit it with one of the pylons on an F/A-18. The bird

One of my friends hit a turkey with a P-3. Or maybe the bird was hotdogging
and made one pass a bit too close. I guess it isn't any easier to miss a
buzzard than a J-8

The aftermath pictures were interesting. The bird hit the leading edge of
one of the wings, clear of the engines, made a big dent. One end of the
neck was hanging from the dent. The other end was still attached to the
lifeless head. That and a few feathers was about it.

The guy I mentioned that hit the pelicans tore the jet up pretty good -
F/A-18 vs five pelicans. Took off a good chunk of the canopy, flamed
out one engine, and tore through one of the LEX's. I think they pulled
one (mostly) whole bird off the jet when it landed...and I think the
pilot may have suffered some facial injuries though I recall that the
windscreen wasn't severely damamged.

I had some pictures of the damage around someplace once, but I seem to
have lost them.

--
- Rufus

Old January 14th 04, 05:49 AM
Bill Banaszak

Rufus wrote:

e wrote:

[...]

fly...unlike Herb Tarlick...

--
- Rufus

Actually it was Mr. Carlson, not Herb. Herb did some other strange
stuff to animals, though. We never saw it but there were reports he got
ducklings to dance by putting them on a hot plate.

Bill Banaszak, MFE