Sims

Old December 15th 07, 09:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Sims

John Mazor writes:

But it's nowhere near millions of readers who see your yappy little dog droppings.

There are hundreds of thousands of yapping dogs such as I've described. My
own posts don't even show on the radar compared to the traffic they generate.
They are present in every newsgroup, and very vocal.

Even among the relatively few readers who frequent the same groups and blogs
that you do, many ignore or killfile you.

How do you know?

Nevertheless, for the sake of argument, granted that not everyone who reads you responds
to you. Care to document the ratio of criticisms to love letters for those who have
responded to you?

What do you mean by love letters?

Even allowing for the effect that people are more likely to take the time to write a
complaint or criticism than offer agreement or a compliment, your fan club is hardly in
evidence here or in your other hang-outs.

I don't have a fan club, but there are a number of people who are sufficiently
obsessed with me to constantly write to me or about me, even to the detriment
of legitimate discussion. It's bizarre. I don't consider it a compliment,
because their obsessions have a pathological air about them, and are
(probably) not driven by admiration.
Old December 15th 07, 09:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

B A R R Y writes:

Neither do instrument pilots.

Exactly.

You don't have zero vis. You can hit "P", and get up and walk away.

There is no connection between the two.
Old December 15th 07, 09:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

John Mazor writes:

Because you posit your opinions as though they had factual support equal to those of
people who actually know WTF they're talking about.

No, I do not. That is the inference of others who interpret my lack of wimpy
deference to the alpha dogs as some sort of aggressiveness. They have a
tremendous emotional investment in everything they post and read; I do not.
Since there isn't any intrinsic emotional content in my posts, they imagine
such content and project it upon them. They cannot conceive of anyone just
participating in the newsgroup for the purpose of sharing information.

For example, your ignorant comment about extending the airline pilot age to 65:

But doesn't this mean that he'll ultimately fly longer? He may not be
thrilled over the short term, but it means five extra years at the peak of his
career.

Which begins with a question, a question that nobody has answered. What were
you saying about posting opinions as fact? Do you have an answer to the
question?
Old December 15th 07, 09:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

John Mazor writes:

You routinely make assertions that are couched in terms of having expertise in aspects of
flying.

Give me a few specific examples.
Old December 15th 07, 11:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Dec 14, 8:03 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
.... VATSIM provides ...

Maybe you can get VATSIM to require a diversion to some other
unexpected airport at some random time during cruise, to spice it up.

Or, how about simulating an instrument failure, or loss of
communications.
Old December 15th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 01:27:00 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

"B A R R Y" wrote

With it pointed out, you're absolutely right. Another touch aspect is
the yoke feedback and occasional flutters and vibrations.

I'm usually responsible for the smells... G

That's a ****ty thing to say about someone, especially about yourself! g

At least they're organic smells!

That's the beauty of small airplanes. Most have tremendous internal
airflow when needed.
Old December 15th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_4_]

I now have about 500 hours in my Baron, and of course have studied them
extensively. The military model ejection seat was in fact an early version
of the MB7, made by Martin Baker. They consisted of a cannon shell to eject
the pilot, co-pilot, and rear seat passengers through the roof of the plane,
as you suggested. Once the cannon shell fired, a rocket charge ignited,
clearing the seat and rider from the plane, and contained an automatically
opening chute, with an attached raft and survival kit, similar to the
ACES-II seat.

Each seat weighs around 600 lbs. It's use has been credited with saving many
Baron crews over the years.

Old December 15th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

John Mazor writes:

But it's nowhere near millions of readers who see your yappy little
dog droppings.

There are hundreds of thousands of yapping dogs such as I've
described.

And the population of earth is growing al the time!
Wait til the Chinese discover you!

My own posts don't even show on the radar compared to the
traffic they generate. They are present in every newsgroup, and very
vocal.

Hard to imagine.

Even among the relatively few readers who frequent the same groups
and blogs that you do, many ignore or killfile you.

How do you know?

Snort!

Nevertheless, for the sake of argument, granted that not everyone who
reads you responds to you. Care to document the ratio of criticisms
to love letters for those who have responded to you?

What do you mean by love letters?

Even allowing for the effect that people are more likely to take the
time to write a complaint or criticism than offer agreement or a
compliment, your fan club is hardly in evidence here or in your other
hang-outs.

I don't have a fan club, but there are a number of people who are
sufficiently obsessed with me to constantly write to me or about me,

Obsessed?

Nah..

even to the detriment of legitimate discussion.

Bwawahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwhahwhhahw!

You don't know the meaing of the word, "discussion" That's your problem
fjukkwit.

It's bizarre. I
don't consider it a compliment, because their obsessions have a
pathological air about them, and are (probably) not driven by
admiration.

Another gem.

Bertie

Old December 15th 07, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"John Mazor" wrote in news:cGI8j.12879$D44.1486
@trnddc04:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Gig601XLBuilder writes:

OK, let me rephrase, It would be like you saying anything about the
taste of Coke having never in your life drinking anything but Pepsi.

Is that like making statements about flying airliners when one has
never flown anything but a single-engined tin-fan prop?

Nope, it's like only ever having eaten **** and claimng you know what
shinola tastes like.

Okay, but we now have credible evidence that he's probably done both.

Ew, sounds creepy when you say it!

Bertie
Old December 15th 07, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

John Mazor writes:

You routinely make assertions that are couched in terms of having
expertise in aspects of flying.

Give me a few specific examples.

Go use the archive yourself, fjukkwit. Look at any post you've made,
ever...

Bertie