How do you get Winpilot aviation database changed?

Old August 8th 05, 11:44 PM
Birdbones

Default How do you get Winpilot aviation database changed?

My Winpilot aviation database shows an airport that does not exist
adjacent to our actual airport. It also does not show a public airport
with 7,700' gravel runway 25 miles away. Does anyone know how to submit
changes to the aviation database? Only user waypoints can be edited in
Winpilot.
The airports referred to a CMRS adjacent to Harriet Alexander in
Salida, CO and Saguache Munincipal at Saquache, CO.
I can only imagine there are many other inaccuracies across the country
which could present problems for visiting pilots unfamilar with the
local territory.

Randy

Old August 9th 05, 04:04 PM
5Z

The databases we use for our soaring navigation are "unofficial" and
maintained by us. If you have changes to submit, download the most
recent database from the worldwide turnpoint exchange at
http://soaring.aerobatics.ws/SOARING/JL/TP/ then edit it and send it
back to John Leibacher.

Sure would be nice if we could get a current and legal for navigation
airport list from Jeppesen in a format suitable for soaring and at a
price that would compare withkeeping current charts on board the
sailplane.

You DO carry current charts, don't you?? The airspace depictions and
airport frequency in any of our NAV displays are just a suggestion of
what may have been true - the chart is the law.

-Tom

-Tom