Personal Minimums Checklist for Gliders?

Old June 6th 17, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Personal Minimums Checklist for Gliders?

Has anyone developed a Personal Minimums checklist that's specific to glider flying? I'm working on something for our club along the lines of the FAA's Personal Minimums document. Rather than re-invent the wheel, I'd like to reuse content if possible.

I did check on the SSF website, but I didn't find what I was looking for.

Something like:

https://www.faa.gov/training_testing...0checklist.pdf

Feel free to PM me.
Old June 6th 17, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 9:59:55 AM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
Has anyone developed a Personal Minimums checklist that's specific to glider flying?

I don't put the glider together unless I think I'm going at least 400K.

:-)

T8
Old June 6th 17, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 8:11:43 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 9:59:55 AM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
Has anyone developed a Personal Minimums checklist that's specific to glider flying?

I don't put the glider together unless I think I'm going at least 400K.

:-)

T8

Count the wings.
If less than 2, don't fly.
Jim
Old June 6th 17, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 11:06:11 AM UTC-5, JS wrote:
On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 8:11:43 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 9:59:55 AM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
Has anyone developed a Personal Minimums checklist that's specific to glider flying?

I don't put the glider together unless I think I'm going at least 400K.

:-)

T8

Count the wings.
If less than 2, don't fly.
Jim

But, what about the Pacific D-8? It has a one piece wing! No, I don't have one of those. :-)

Steve Leonard
Old June 6th 17, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Not exactly like that but Rusty Lowry did put together a nice risk assessment matrix for the Vintage Sailplane Association. It was geared towards older gliders (and pilots) but could be adapted pretty easily.
Old June 6th 17, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 9:59:55 AM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
Has anyone developed a Personal Minimums checklist that's specific to glider flying? I'm working on something for our club along the lines of the FAA's Personal Minimums document. Rather than re-invent the wheel, I'd like to reuse content if possible.

I did check on the SSF website, but I didn't find what I was looking for.

Something like:

https://www.faa.gov/training_testing...0checklist.pdf

Feel free to PM me.

There was one presented at the PGC FIRC a few years ago. Possibly one of the attendees would have it.
UH
Old June 7th 17, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 9:59:55 AM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
I'm working on something for our club along the lines of the FAA's Personal Minimums document.

Please post your .pdf here once you're happy with it. I would love to see it.
Old June 7th 17, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

I modified the one from the FAA, prepared an article that was published in Soaring. Had had a link to in on my former website.

Here's a current version:

http://mikebamberg.com/GliderPAVE.pdf
Old June 7th 17, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

Great, thanks!

Old June 7th 17, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

We include one in our logbooks at http://gliderbooks.com/accessories.html

I have posted a photo of it on our Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/gliderbooks...type=3&theater

--Rhonda

Minimums? Brian[_5_] Piloting 33 January 13th 08 05:31 AM
Personal Minimums SEL? Paul kgyy Instrument Flight Rules 20 January 19th 07 03:12 AM
First approach to minimums Steven Barnes Instrument Flight Rules 0 October 21st 05 07:47 PM
Personal VFR Minimums Neil Bratney Piloting 6 September 2nd 04 08:32 AM
Personal Weather Minimums FryGuy Piloting 26 December 9th 03 06:09 AM