What??? No problems???

Old June 15th 04, 12:03 AM
EDR

Default What??? No problems???

It's been quite awhile since anyone has posted a complaint about
LightSpeed headsets.
Has LightSpeed repaired/replaced everyone's broken units (headsets,
that is)?
Jay, what is the latest on your "freebie's"?
Old June 15th 04, 01:55 AM
Bob Fry

EDR writes:

It's been quite awhile since anyone has posted a complaint about
LightSpeed headsets.
Has LightSpeed repaired/replaced everyone's broken units (headsets,
that is)?

No. I just discovered a completely cracked side on the left yoke
holding the earpiece to the headpiece. Guess I'll have to send it
back for a "free" replacement.

BTW, it's a 25XL, I wonder if it's worth paying for an upgrade to
their latest model?

Old June 15th 04, 02:38 AM
xeM

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:03:56 GMT, EDR wrote:

It's been quite awhile since anyone has posted a complaint about
LightSpeed headsets.
Has LightSpeed repaired/replaced everyone's broken units (headsets,
that is)?
Jay, what is the latest on your "freebie's"?

The 'Yoke' that holds one of the earpeices on my set is broken.
I haven't tried to contact Lightspeed for a repair yet. I'm thinking
about trading them in for an upgrade to the 'G' series, so's I can
plug in a CD player or something.

Old June 15th 04, 03:06 AM
SFM

"Bob (a fool and his money are soon parted) Fry"
impressed us with his loyalty and lack
of a clue in message ...
EDR writes:

It's been quite awhile since anyone has posted a complaint about
LightSpeed headsets.
Has LightSpeed repaired/replaced everyone's broken units (headsets,
that is)?

BTW, it's a 25XL, I wonder if it's worth paying for an upgrade to
their latest model?

Sure pay Lightspeed more money for items that will break. Why not take that
money and buy something that will not require maintenance every few months
and replacement a few years. Something say David Clark like??!!!

Scott

Old June 15th 04, 04:32 AM
Jay Honeck

Jay, what is the latest on your "freebie's"?

After nearly a year of use, the Twenty 3Gs that Lightspeed's president gave
me last year at OSH '03 have been absolutely bulletproof -- to the point
where I have now purchased another pair for ourselves, and another pair as a
gift.

Their new headsets are everything the previous models were not, combining
Lightspeed's typical comfort and performance with the robustness and
durability that any work-a-day headsets should possess.

I am firmly back in the Lightspeed camp -- IMHO you can buy from them with
confidence once again.

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 15th 04, 05:31 AM
Flyin'8

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 03:32:57 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Jay, what is the latest on your "freebie's"?

After nearly a year of use, the Twenty 3Gs that Lightspeed's president gave
me last year at OSH '03 have been absolutely bulletproof -- to the point
where I have now purchased another pair for ourselves, and another pair as a
gift.

Their new headsets are everything the previous models were not, combining
Lightspeed's typical comfort and performance with the robustness and
durability that any work-a-day headsets should possess.

I am firmly back in the Lightspeed camp -- IMHO you can buy from them with
confidence once again.

:-)

I second your opinion. No problems with mine during the past year of
frequent use.
Old June 15th 04, 02:34 PM
SFM

Glad you had a good experience with the new Lightspeeds. Mine kept having
the battery cover fall off and then the earcups started separating. I had
done the upgrade from the 20XLs, my wifes QFRs required maintenance so I
decided enough was enough and would not risk a headset failure in IMC. SO
off to ebay they went. I have since used a set David Clarks with their ANR
and have been very happy. They fit fine and I do not notice and clamping. I
like the lower profile than the LS plus these things seem bullet proof! No
problems whats so ever in the past 13 months of use. Plus so far I have only
had to replace the 9v battery once, (about the same batt life as the LS
20XLs)

Scott

Catch the wave!
www.hamwave.com

**"A long time ago being crazy meant something, nowadays everyone is
crazy" -- Charles Manson**
-------------------------------------

Old June 15th 04, 04:58 PM
Nathan Young

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:03:56 GMT, EDR wrote:

It's been quite awhile since anyone has posted a complaint about
LightSpeed headsets.
Has LightSpeed repaired/replaced everyone's broken units (headsets,
that is)?
Jay, what is the latest on your "freebie's"?

Flying with 2 sets of 20XLs for 3+ years now.

Had the cord assembly replaced about 1.5 years ago on both headsets.
No problems since.

-Nathan

Old June 16th 04, 10:37 PM
DanH

EDR wrote:

It's been quite awhile since anyone has posted a complaint about
LightSpeed headsets.
Has LightSpeed repaired/replaced everyone's broken units (headsets,
that is)?
Jay, what is the latest on your "freebie's"?

I've had the QFR Solo for about two years, and the QFRX-Country (ANR)
for about a year. The blinking green light on the battery compartment
sucks at night, but otherwise I love them. I use NiMh AA for the ANR,
which works great.

Both these headsets are extremely comfortable: light as a feather with
very little clamping pressure and very good PNR. I had a problem with
the volume control box on the QFR Solo early on. This was fixed and
returned in a couple days (I didn't even know the mail could travel that
fast!). Not a problem since. Nothing comes close for price, comfort
and reliability.

DanH