Another Intercept, but this time it's different

Old May 28th 05, 02:28 AM
Montblack

("joe" wrote)
[snip]
The F-15's intercepted him forced him to land and handcuffed
him in front of his two small children....

And all without opposable thumbs - a remarkable aircraft. g

its time to throw the tea in to the bay

I fear too many have already drunk the Kool-Aid.

Montblack

Old May 28th 05, 02:59 AM
George Patterson

According to the story, which we all know how accurate those can be, he was
"NEAR" 18000, I read that as 17,999 and not 18,001. Benefit of the doubt
to him, especially given the accuracy of the equipment.

This is Edwards AFB. The accuracy of military radar is along the lines of "He's
at 18,027' 1", Captain."

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old May 28th 05, 03:00 AM
George Patterson

I know we can not put much faith in the story's from
the media, but if this is even close to the facts, it is rediculous.

Why? We've been repeatedly warned that loitering around sites like this will
result in interceptions.

Old May 28th 05, 03:21 AM
Mike 'Flyin'8'

Yeah... Did not think about that fact...

On Sat, 28 May 2005 01:59:38 GMT, George Patterson

According to the story, which we all know how accurate those can be, he was
"NEAR" 18000, I read that as 17,999 and not 18,001. Benefit of the doubt
to him, especially given the accuracy of the equipment.

This is Edwards AFB. The accuracy of military radar is along the lines of "He's
at 18,027' 1", Captain."

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA
See my online aerial photo album at
http://flying.4alexanders.com
Old May 28th 05, 03:24 AM
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 27 May 2005 10:00:15 -0700, "aluckyguess" wrote in
::

I thought he went above 18000 feet and not talking to approach.and that was
why they detained him.

No mention of that at the link in the article that started this
thread:

PALMDALE, Calif. — A small plane that repeatedly ventured close to
restricted air space at Edwards Air Force Base (search) was
intercepted by two F-15 fighter jets (search) Thursday and
escorted to a local airport. The FBI was interviewing the pilot
and a passenger, officials said.

The twin-engine Aero Commander plane was spotted flying in the
high desert north of Los Angeles for several hours during the
afternoon at about 18,000 feet and could not be identified or
contacted by the Federal Aviation Administration, agency spokesman
Donn Walker said.

The plane approached restricted air space several times and the
FAA (search) notified Western Air Defense (search), which
scrambled military jets, officials said.

The aircraft was escorted to Palmdale Airport, FBI spokeswoman
Laura Eimiller said. It wasn't immediately clear why the pilot
didn't respond or what the plane was doing near the air base.

Old May 28th 05, 03:27 AM
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 27 May 2005 15:44:20 -0700, "gatt"
wrote in ::

Makes me wonder if there might have been a test underway at Edwards or
something.

That's what I was thinking too.
Old May 28th 05, 03:33 AM
Larry Dighera

On 27 May 2005 17:57:59 -0700, "joe" wrote in
.com::

its time to throw the tea in to the bay

It's sure beginning to look that way.

The current security policy fails to address the issue of the proven
threatening aircraft, airliners, and imposes lethal consequences for
benign GA flights. Is that the best they can do?

What would be an effective course of action for pilots to take in
getting this onerous pseudo-security policy rescinded?

Old May 28th 05, 03:38 AM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 28 May 2005 02:00:55 GMT, George Patterson
wrote in rhQle.2245$zb.131@trndny02::

We've been repeatedly warned that loitering around sites like this will
result in interceptions.

I have seen no such warnings. There have been warnings not to loiter
over nuclear facilities and open air assemblies, but I'm not aware of
any warnings against loitering outside Restricted airspace.

Old May 28th 05, 03:43 AM
Matt Barrow

"Montblack" wrote in message
("joe" wrote)
[snip]
The F-15's intercepted him forced him to land and handcuffed
him in front of his two small children....

And all without opposable thumbs - a remarkable aircraft. g

its time to throw the tea in to the bay

I fear too many have already drunk the Kool-Aid.

And ate the pudding.

Old May 28th 05, 03:45 AM
Matt Barrow

"George Patterson" wrote in message
wrote:

I know we can not put much faith in the story's from
the media, but if this is even close to the facts, it is rediculous.

Why? We've been repeatedly warned that loitering around sites like this

will
result in interceptions.

Loitering like that on the ground, in several locations, can get you shot!

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.

Where I'm from, it's because she smells like a new saddle.

FS9 Time Zone Files in BETA Test DDT Simulators 3 April 5th 04 06:06 PM
FS2002 Clock Time Chris Simulators 0 November 6th 03 09:02 AM
they took me back in time and the nsa or japan wired my head and now they know the idea came from me so if your back in time and wounder what happen they change tim liverance history for good. I work at rts wright industries and it a time travel trap tim liverance Military Aviation 0 August 18th 03 12:18 AM
Best Software and Hardware for Turn Area Task? Snead1 Soaring 29 August 13th 03 04:12 PM