Another Intercept, but this time it's different

Old May 31st 05, 04:38 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , Corky Scott wrote:
Truthout.com is just reporting what the memo said, not making it up.
It was originally printed in "The Times of London" to which it was
leaked.

On a point of pedantry, there is no such newspaper. There is just "The
Times" or "The Sunday Times". It is a national newspaper, not a London
newspaper.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old May 31st 05, 04:56 PM
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 31 May 2005 15:24:42 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
.net::

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .

You aren't up to date. There never were any WMD and Bush knew it all
along as revealed by the memo that was leaked to the London Times
three weeks ago.

So the Kurds and Iranians poisoned themselves?

What dates did those poisonings occur?

How long is "never"?

So what were the dates the Kurds and Iranians were poisoned?

Old May 31st 05, 05:08 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Corky Scott" wrote in message

Sorry, did you not know where Saddam got that gas? I honestly thought
everyone knew by now. The Reagan administration sent it to him to
assist him in his war against Iran. Please, tell me you aren't
surprised by this old news.

There's some world class irony working he We gave him the nerve gas
and then complained to the world that he used it. In addition, we
invaded his country on the pretext that he had WMD (Rumsfeld even had
the cheek to pinpoint where they were during a news conference). But
none were ever found and the search for them has officially ended.
But Rumsfeld knew that he had them at one time, because we had the
receipts for them, so to speak, having given them to him.

So what you're saying is Saddam did have WMD. Is that correct?

Old May 31st 05, 05:10 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 May 2005 14:32:47 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
k.net::

"Corky Scott" wrote in message
. ..

You aren't up to date. There never were any WMD and Bush knew it all
along as revealed by the memo that was leaked to the London Times
three weeks ago.

So the Kurds and Iranians poisoned themselves?

What dates did those poisonings occur?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/1877161.stm
Iraqi aircraft shelled Halabja with chemical weapons on 16 March 1988, in an
attack which left 5,000 dead and 7,000 injured or with long-term illnesses.

Old May 31st 05, 05:10 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

So what were the dates the Kurds and Iranians were poisoned?

It doesn't matter. The claim is Saddam never had WMD. If Saddam poisoned
them then he had WMD.

Old May 31st 05, 05:12 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/1877161.stm
Iraqi aircraft shelled Halabja with chemical weapons on 16 March 1988, in
an attack which left 5,000 dead and 7,000 injured or with long-term
illnesses.

Well, that would mean that Saddam had WMD and he was willing to use them.
Thank you.

Old May 31st 05, 05:12 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 May 2005 14:32:47 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
k.net::

"Corky Scott" wrote in message
. ..

You aren't up to date. There never were any WMD and Bush knew it all
along as revealed by the memo that was leaked to the London Times
three weeks ago.

So the Kurds and Iranians poisoned themselves?

What dates did those poisonings occur?

Here's Some More...

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/iraq/cw/program.htm

Although the Iraqis initially used chemical weapons to prevent defeat and to
reduce battlefield losses, they later integrated CW attacks into
combined-armed operations designed to regain lost territory and to gain the
offensive. Iraq's use of CW in the war with Iran can be divided into three
distinct phases:
1.. 1983 to 1986--used in a defensive role; typically to deflect Iranian
human-wave assaults. In 1984 Iraq became the first nation to use a nerve
agent on the battlefield when it deployed Tabun-filled aerial bombs during
the Iran-Iraq war. Some 5,500 Iranians were killed by the nerve agent
between March 1984 and March 1985. Tabun kills within minutes. Some 16,000
Iranians were reported killed by the toxic blister agent mustard gas between
August 1983 and February 1986.
2.. 1986 to early 1988--iraq adapts use against Iran to disrupt Iranian
offensive preparations.
3.. early 1988 to conclusion of the war-- Iraq integrated large nerve
agent strikes into its overall offensive during the spring and summer of
1988 leading to the ceasefire.

Old May 31st 05, 05:21 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

wrote:

So the Kurds and Iranians poisoned themselves?

Sorry, did you not know where Saddam got that gas? I honestly thought
everyone knew by now. The Reagan administration sent it to him to
assist him in his war against Iran. Please, tell me you aren't
surprised by this old news.

Corky Scott

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/iraq/cw/program.htm

In the early stages of its chemical weapons programme, Iraq imported all its
precursor chemicals. Over time, however, Iraq sought to obtain the
capability to produce indigenously all the precursors required for the
production of the agents noted above. Iraq acknowledges that it had or was
on the brink of having the capability to produce in quantity the precursors
for tabun (GA): D4 and phosphorous oxychloride (POCl3), the sarin/cyclosarin
(GB/GF) precursors: methylphosphonyl difluoride (DF), methyl phosphonyl
dichloride (MPC), dimethylmethyl phosphonate (DMMP), trimethylphosphite
(TMP), hydrogen fluoride (HF), phosphorous trichloride (PCl3) and thionyl
chloride (SOCl2). Phosphorous trichloride and thionylchoride are also the
main precursors for the production of mustard (HD).
Iraq also had the capability to produce, at least at laboratory scale,
sodium sulphide (Na2S) and thiodiglycol (both for sulphur mustard agent
production), methyl benzilate (for BZ production), triethanol amine (for
nitrogen-mustard agent production) and potassium bifluoride and ammonium
bifluoride (for GB/GF production). In addition, Iraq had the capability to
produce the VX precursors choline, methyl thiophosphonyl dichloride (MPS) at
the least at pilot-plant scale.

Old May 31st 05, 05:21 PM
Corky Scott

On Tue, 31 May 2005 16:08:54 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

So what you're saying is Saddam did have WMD. Is that correct?

He did at one time, until he used them all against the Iranian's and
the Kurds. The GW Bush claim was that he had them (at the time of the
invasion) so we had to invade him to take them away from him. This
assertion appears to be untrue, based on the memo leaked to "The
Times".

So my original statement "he never had them" was incorrect. At the
time of the invasion, he no longer had them because they had been used
up back in '88. I should have written "did not currently possess
them".

Corky Scott

Old May 31st 05, 07:18 PM
Matt Barrow

"Corky Scott" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 May 2005 14:42:05 GMT, Dave S
wrote:

I guess this is the same data gathering ability that said "Yes, Iraq had
WMD's" as well?

You aren't up to date. There never were any WMD and Bush knew it all
along as revealed by the memo that was leaked to the London Times
three weeks ago. Here's the information you missed:

*** Begin Quote ***

The memo was written by British national security aide Matthew
Rycroft, based on notes he took during a July 2002 meeting of British
Prime Minister Tony Blair and his advisers, including Richard
Dearlove, the head of Britain's MI-6 intelligence service who had
recently met with Bush administration officials.

Since being leaked to a British newspaper, the memo has raised
questions anew about whether the Bush administration misrepresented
prewar intelligence about suspected weapons of mass destruction in
Iraq to justify military action against Saddam Hussein's regime.

"Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified
by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD," the memo said. "But the
intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy. It seemed
clear that Bush had made up his mind to take military action, even if
the timing was not yet decided. But the case was thin. Saddam was not
threatening hi-bility was less than that of Libya, North Korea or
Iran."

*** End Quote ***

"Blair's offfice has not disputed the authenticity of the memo", but
the White House has of course claimed it's false.

See: http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/051705Y.shtml for the complete
story, or just google "the downing street memo", or google "memo wmd".

First, it was a memo from notes that would be considered hearsay in any
court. Second, Truthout.com is hardly an unbiased source.

It was also a memo about one persons take on what other people were
thinking. Unless the guy's a mindreader....

FS9 Time Zone Files in BETA Test DDT Simulators 3 April 5th 04 06:06 PM
FS2002 Clock Time Chris Simulators 0 November 6th 03 08:02 AM
they took me back in time and the nsa or japan wired my head and now they know the idea came from me so if your back in time and wounder what happen they change tim liverance history for good. I work at rts wright industries and it a time travel trap tim liverance Military Aviation 0 August 18th 03 12:18 AM
Best Software and Hardware for Turn Area Task? Snead1 Soaring 29 August 13th 03 04:12 PM