Concorde - join the campaign

Old July 8th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
Clive

Default Concorde - join the campaign

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:16:49 +0100, wrote:

On 3 Jun 2006 12:54:17 -0700, wrote:

Hi all,

The campaign to get Concorde flying again has attracted 2,000
signatures this week!

Please add your support at
www.save-concorde.com.
Concorde grew old and killed many humans and so was pensioned off so
has not to kill again which it surly would have done .
It was a beautiful aircraft but you wouldn't catch me flying in it now
where it still in service I value my life to much for that .

The Concorde crash has been proven to be debris on the runway and human
error (groundcrew).

Had the debris not been on the runway and the gear been assembled
correctly then the accident would not have happened.

From your post then we should all stop flying 747's. How many people has
the 747 killed?

Clive

Old July 8th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
John A. Weeks III

In article op.tcd3kpvzj9nxpm@clive,
Clive wrote:

The Concorde crash has been proven to be debris on the runway and human
error (groundcrew).

Had the debris not been on the runway and the gear been assembled
correctly then the accident would not have happened.

This is a chicken and egg problem. The Concorde was unusually
susceptible to the problem that happened. Had it been designed
differently, the accident may not have happened. In fact, there
was a previous similar accident (that did not result in a crash),
and at that time, the airlines decided not to fix the problem.
That is the sad part--they had prior warning, which they ignored.
That is also true of both Space Shuttle accidents.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Old July 9th 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
Keith Willshaw[_1_]

wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:35:03 +0100, Clive
wrote:

From your post then we should all stop flying 747's. How many people has
the 747 killed?

Never been in a 747 never had any intention of going in a 747 don't
want to go in a 747 and the only way anyone will get me in that
monstrosity that Airbus have built will be to put me in a coffin with
the lid screwed down .
Time we got back to the days of the BAC 1-11 .

You yearn for an aircraft which wuld not meet modern safety
standards. Of the 244 airframes built 32 were lost in accidents.

The design was susceptible to deep stall from which recovery
was impossible and the twin tail mounted engines mean that
an uncontained engine failure will not only probably knock
out the other engine but also damage the flight controls.

Keith

Old July 9th 06, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
Guy Alcala

Keith Willshaw wrote:

wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:35:03 +0100, Clive
wrote:

From your post then we should all stop flying 747's. How many people has
the 747 killed?

Never been in a 747 never had any intention of going in a 747 don't
want to go in a 747 and the only way anyone will get me in that
monstrosity that Airbus have built will be to put me in a coffin with
the lid screwed down .
Time we got back to the days of the BAC 1-11 .

You yearn for an aircraft which wuld not meet modern safety
standards. Of the 244 airframes built 32 were lost in accidents.

The design was susceptible to deep stall from which recovery
was impossible and the twin tail mounted engines mean that
an uncontained engine failure will not only probably knock
out the other engine but also damage the flight controls.

Now Keith, you should know that making rational arguments is a waste of time
with someone who suffers from irrational fears.

Guy

Old July 9th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
FatKat

Clive wrote:
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:16:49 +0100, wrote:

On 3 Jun 2006 12:54:17 -0700, wrote:

Hi all,

The campaign to get Concorde flying again has attracted 2,000
signatures this week!

Please add your support at
www.save-concorde.com.
Concorde grew old and killed many humans and so was pensioned off so
has not to kill again which it surly would have done .
It was a beautiful aircraft but you wouldn't catch me flying in it now
where it still in service I value my life to much for that .

The Concorde crash has been proven to be debris on the runway and human
error (groundcrew).

Had the debris not been on the runway and the gear been assembled
correctly then the accident would not have happened.

From your post then we should all stop flying 747's. How many people has
the 747 killed?

What is the incidence of fatal or serious incidents in other aircraft
traced to circumstances similar to that of the Concorde? I doubt that
it's as much as Concorde, given how much higher use that type has
provided compared to Concorde in roughly the same period of time. Of
course we have lost 747's, but mostly in incidents of spectacular human
accident/incident (Tenarife, Lockerbie). There is ofcourse FT800 (if
you accept/buy the official story), but the demonstrable safety record
of the 747 still seems spotless in comparison.

Old July 9th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
FatKat

wrote:
Both a total unnecessary waste of life why the yanks are hell bent on

sending tones of metal into space I shall never know.

Unlike Russians, Chinese, Japanese and various Europeans who send up
Kilos of metal into space?

Old July 9th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
Clive

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 16:48:54 +0100, FatKat wrote:

Clive wrote:
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:16:49 +0100, wrote:

On 3 Jun 2006 12:54:17 -0700, wrote:

Hi all,

The campaign to get Concorde flying again has attracted 2,000
signatures this week!

Please add your support at
www.save-concorde.com.
Concorde grew old and killed many humans and so was pensioned off so
has not to kill again which it surly would have done .
It was a beautiful aircraft but you wouldn't catch me flying in it now
where it still in service I value my life to much for that .

The Concorde crash has been proven to be debris on the runway and human
error (groundcrew).

Had the debris not been on the runway and the gear been assembled
correctly then the accident would not have happened.

From your post then we should all stop flying 747's. How many people
has
the 747 killed?

What is the incidence of fatal or serious incidents in other aircraft
traced to circumstances similar to that of the Concorde? I doubt that
it's as much as Concorde, given how much higher use that type has
provided compared to Concorde in roughly the same period of time. Of
course we have lost 747's, but mostly in incidents of spectacular human
accident/incident (Tenarife, Lockerbie). There is ofcourse FT800 (if
you accept/buy the official story), but the demonstrable safety record
of the 747 still seems spotless in comparison.

Partially correct - I'll agree that the number of hours flown by 747's far
outnumbers those by Concorde.

But, The concorde crash was caused by something outside the control of the
concorde crew i.e. debris from another aircraft (also the same for the
Lockerbie 747), So had it not been for that it's record would have been
100%.

However, a lot of aircraft accidents have been caused by design errors -
Concorde never suffered any of those - or at least design error that
caused fatalities.

It would be interesting to know, but I suspect that the number of hours
flown by Concorde (before it was given a permit to fly) was more than any
other aircraft.

Clive

Old July 9th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
FatKat

Clive wrote:
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:16:49 +0100, wrote:

On 3 Jun 2006 12:54:17 -0700, wrote:

Hi all,

The campaign to get Concorde flying again has attracted 2,000
signatures this week!

Please add your support at
www.save-concorde.com.
Concorde grew old and killed many humans and so was pensioned off so
has not to kill again which it surly would have done .
It was a beautiful aircraft but you wouldn't catch me flying in it now
where it still in service I value my life to much for that .

The Concorde crash has been proven to be debris on the runway and human
error (groundcrew).

Had the debris not been on the runway and the gear been assembled
correctly then the accident would not have happened.

From your post then we should all stop flying 747's. How many people
[...]

Actually, the Lockerbie incident was caused by deliberate conduct by
terrorism, whereas the Concorde accident appears to involve debris that
could be found on any runway in the world. Also, the fact that the
Concorde accident occurred "outside" the control of the crew is at best
irrelevant and at worst aggravating - we're talking about design flaws,
the plane being unfit when it leaves the factory despite the expertise
of the aircrew.

However, a lot of aircraft accidents have been caused by design errors -
Concorde never suffered any of those - or at least design error that
caused fatalities.

Except for the one in 2000. How many errors of similar or otherwise
comparable circumstances befell 747, keeping in mind how much greater
use was provided by one against the other?

It would be interesting to know, but I suspect that the number of hours
flown by Concorde (before it was given a permit to fly) was more than any
other aircraft.

And you would suspect that based on what?

Old July 9th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
Clive

wrote:

On 3 Jun 2006 12:54:17 -0700, wrote:

Hi all,

The campaign to get Concorde flying again has attracted 2,000
signatures this week!

Please add your support at
www.save-concorde.com.
Concorde grew old and killed many humans and so was pensioned off

so
has not to kill again which it surly would have done .
It was a beautiful aircraft but you wouldn't catch me flying in it

now
where it still in service I value my life to much for that .

The Concorde crash has been proven to be debris on the runway and

human
error (groundcrew).

Had the debris not been on the runway and the gear been assembled
correctly then the accident would not have happened.

From your post then we should all stop flying 747's. How many people
[...]

747 - 1500hrs test (Source Boeings own site)

Concorde....

Both European airlines operated demonstrations and test flights from 1974
onwards. The testing of Concorde set records which are still not
surpassed; it undertook 5,335 flight hours in the prototype,
preproduction, and first production aircraft alone. A total of 2,000 test
hours were supersonic. This equates to approximately four times as many as
for similarly sized subsonic commercial aircraft.

Clive
Old July 9th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
FatKat

wrote:

On 3 Jun 2006 12:54:17 -0700, wrote:

Hi all,

The campaign to get Concorde flying again has attracted 2,000
signatures this week!

Please add your support at
www.save-concorde.com.
Concorde grew old and killed many humans and so was pensioned off
so
has not to kill again which it surly would have done .
It was a beautiful aircraft but you wouldn't catch me flying in it
now
where it still in service I value my life to much for that .

The Concorde crash has been proven to be debris on the runway and
human
error (groundcrew).

Had the debris not been on the runway and the gear been assembled
correctly then the accident would not have happened.

From your post then we should all stop flying 747's. How many people
[...]

And the ratio of hours of revenue flight for the two are what then?
And when you combine the two, the ratio of revenue flight hours to
test-flight time is what?