C-17 plea!

Old January 27th 04, 06:37 PM
Jim Doyle

Default C-17 plea!

Can anyone help me with a few quite specific details of the C-17? I'm really
desperately in need of some help on this one!

For the tail:
dCL/da for the horizontal tail plane
de/da (i.e. wing induced downwash at the horizontal tail plane)

For the undercarriage:
Any details as to how the MLG retracts and/or is actuated
How the MLG struts/axles are arranged such that the middle tyres can be
changed

+ The source of info for the above (URL, or whatever)

Only a few days ago a URL to a data archive (had a lot of abstracts from the
US DoD Secretary General's audit reports) was posted. This was an absolute
goldmine of data & info, but since then my computer's done the dirty on me
and I've lost all my stored favourites from explorer. I think it was posted
to the aptly titled 'why we lost 'nam' strand which was all about
Comet -vs.- B707 by the time I got around looking at it. If anyone still
knows this URL, I'll love you. Really.

btw: I'd take a comet over the 707 any day. National pride aside you
understand!

Cheers,

Jim Doyle

Old January 27th 04, 06:42 PM
Jim Doyle

Just to clarify that it's dCl/d(alpha) and d(epsilon)/d(alpha) for the
tailplane.

Cheers,
Doyle

Old January 27th 04, 08:15 PM
John Mullen

Jim Doyle wrote:

[...]

It wasn't http://stinet.dtic.mil/ was it? If it was, it's Peter Stickney
you need to thank for bringing it to our attention. A veritable gold mine.

HTH

John

Old January 27th 04, 08:57 PM
Jim Doyle

That's the one. Thank you John for the re-acquaintance, and Peter for the
URL in the first place.

Cheers,
Jim Doyle