CH Product Yoke with IP Trainer 6.5

Old October 7th 03, 04:26 AM
Sanjay Kumar

Default CH Product Yoke with IP Trainer 6.5

Folks !

I am planning to start my IFR training and wanted to get
a good Yoke + Trainer software. I got CH Yoke USB and downloaded
IP Trainer 6.5 which supports the USB Yoke. Unfortunately
in my demo runs I find the Software to be too senstive to Yoke
pitch - its always in a dive or a climb making it worthless
(given how unforgiving IP Trainer it).

Looking at IP Trainer manual it seems they got rid of sensitivity
settings in this version of IP Trainer and I am wondering if I
should go back to IP Trainer version 6 so I can use the sensitivity
controls to dampen the pitch. I am surprised that a company will remove
features from its software. Does any of you have experience with
CH Yoke and IP Trainer 6 or 6.5 ? Can it work ? Is there another cheap
yoke Option for IP Trainer ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-Sanjay Kumar

Old October 8th 03, 02:10 AM
Tim Bengtson

Sanjay Kumar wrote:

I am planning to start my IFR training and wanted to get
a good Yoke + Trainer software. I got CH Yoke USB and downloaded
IP Trainer 6.5 which supports the USB Yoke. Unfortunately
in my demo runs I find the Software to be too senstive to Yoke
pitch - its always in a dive or a climb making it worthless
(given how unforgiving IP Trainer it).

You may find your yoke easier to use if you get inside it and remove the
pitch return springs.

Tim
Old October 10th 03, 07:47 AM
Bomber Joe

Sanjay Kumar wrote in message .net...
Folks !

I am planning to start my IFR training and wanted to get
a good Yoke + Trainer software. I got CH Yoke USB and downloaded
IP Trainer 6.5 which supports the USB Yoke. Unfortunately
in my demo runs I find the Software to be too senstive to Yoke
pitch - its always in a dive or a climb making it worthless
(given how unforgiving IP Trainer it).

I usually turn the autopilot on and click "Alt" or "Hdg" and On Top
seeks the existing numbers and trims out smartly, saving a lot of
hassle trying to trim by hand. When climbing, it surges through the
clicked altitude and then settles back to the selected altitude right
away. I'm not sure if IP Trainer does the same thing, but it's worth
a try since they're both based on the same package. You can always
ask the folks at www.aerotraining.com, and they'll find an answer for
you.

Bomber Joe