Clubs Still Flying List

Old March 29th 20, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Clubs Still Flying List

What clubs are still flying? I’d like to get a feel for what’s really happening out there in the “actual” not simulated soaring scene. Us at central alabama soaring are still in the air albit with limited and heavy precautionary activities. Just solo flying. I towed a few on friday and wanted to fly myself but we have the same age old non-viral related problem, lack of tow pilots.

Costal soaring club down in the panhandle of FL flew yesterday with 8 flights so they are still doing things. Any other clubs in non-epidemic areas still flying?
Dan
Old March 29th 20, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Dan:
It's still a little early for the New England clubs to have started. We need to get through mud season before we allow cars and trailers on the field. Typical season starts here are Mid-April and even later for the clubs farther north.
I expect that when we start it will be phased - with single place ships first and dual instruction coming back later.
ROY

Old March 29th 20, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes Roy, I figured things way up north would be slow even with a normal year. I know also that the NY and NJ guys are gonna be pretty locked down for at least another month due to the viral issue. The real big issue for me is the 1-26 champs scheduled for last half of june. Sure don’t want to see that contest cancelled or postponed. If they decide to push it back into later july or august that will totally screw me out of it as my crop dusting season takes all my time then.
Dan
Old March 29th 20, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 11:21:32 AM UTC-4, wrote:
What clubs are still flying? I’d like to get a feel for what’s really happening out there in the “actual” not simulated soaring scene. Us at central alabama soaring are still in the air albit with limited and heavy precautionary activities. Just solo flying. I towed a few on friday and wanted to fly myself but we have the same age old non-viral related problem, lack of tow pilots.

Costal soaring club down in the panhandle of FL flew yesterday with 8 flights so they are still doing things. Any other clubs in non-epidemic areas still flying?
Dan

Treasure Coat Soaring is still active, we have only banned Dogs and flaming liberals.
Old March 29th 20, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Bob definitely my kind of club. I sure do plan to come visit you guys sometime. Hopefully put together
a 1-26/low performance mini meet.
Dan
Old March 29th 20, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

NJ club (Aero Club Albatross)...we fly every winter...no "season" for us...it's always soaring season.

Tows available for club members...for solo flights with precautions...nobody needs to get close to each other....weekdays....weekends...

We have some good guys as tow pilots...very conscientious...

And hard core glider pilots....we figure solutions to fly...

Out of state pilots now have a problem with travel....

Cookie

Old March 29th 20, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Dan:
I've got my fingers crossed too. I'm CD for the Region 1 (week before and of 4th of July). Seems to me that we mostly need a way to get around the pilot's meetings. Crew less pilots (who may have to share the ride post retrieve) are an issue too.

Now, about those guys who have "only banned Dogs and flaming liberals."

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT AGAINST DOGS?????

Keep smiling
ROY
Old March 29th 20, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

LOL Roy, no I love dogs, but just did’nt want to stir the mix too much, some characters on here seem to just be waiting to react to my posts lol. See what I get for trying to be nice lololol but I still don’t give a flying F if I **** off the liberals, but mean no offense to the dogs, dogs are always better company and have more common sense than any liberal. lol
Old March 29th 20, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

I love my mutt too. And I am thinking that maybe corona virus was invented by a dog.
They've got everybody home all the time and playing with them.
ROY
Old March 30th 20, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 6:17:28 PM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
Dan:
I've got my fingers crossed too. I'm CD for the Region 1 (week before and of 4th of July). Seems to me that we mostly need a way to get around the pilot's meetings. Crew less pilots (who may have to share the ride post retrieve) are an issue too.

Now, about those guys who have "only banned Dogs and flaming liberals."

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT AGAINST DOGS?????

Keep smiling
ROY

Roy, yes, dogs are banned from the property! this was a directive from the property owner and I certainly think that he has that authority as the owner. If the dog owner wants to change that policy then put up 10 million and buy the place.
Now about the flaming liberals, I trust the dogs much more than the flaming liberals. Just look at Florida and see what the flaming liberals are doing.. Instead of staying in their own state and self quarantine they hop on a plane and head in our direction making the situation much worse. Just look at the COVID package that was full of pork created by the flaming liberals, what a shame!
One character took my comment so serious that he posted negative things about our club on our club Facebook page. Now really, this character has no class what so ever, going after a club because of what one individual wrote in a private group.
Maybe we all need to take a close look at ourselves before we condemn others.