Ol Shy & Bashful preferences

Old March 1st 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default Ol Shy & Bashful preferences

Hey Ol Shy & Bashful are your rotary wing interests pretty much restricted
to the pilotage aspects? Are you interested in the aerodynamics and
maintenance details?
I've been seeding this NG trying to get something cooking for some time and
haven't found either the right seed or the right fertilizer.

--
Stuart & Kathryn Fields, Publishers
Experimental Helo magazine

Old March 2nd 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ol Shy & Bashful

On Mar 1, 1:12*pm, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote:
Hey Ol Shy & Bashful *are your rotary wing interests pretty much restricted
to the pilotage aspects? *Are you interested in the aerodynamics and
maintenance details?
I've been seeding this NG trying to get something cooking for some time and
haven't found either the right seed or the right fertilizer.

--
Stuart & Kathryn Fields, Publishers
Experimental Helo magazine
* P. O. Box 1585
* Inyokern, CA 93527
* * *(760) 377-4478 ph
* * *(760) 408-9747 publication cell
* * *(760) 608-1299 technical cellwww.experimentalhelo.comwww.vksupportservice.c om
*
*

Stuart
Yeh I'm pretty much just a pilot and deal with operational
considerations. I have gotten into the maintenance end only for field
repairs and taken time to have the mechs show me the right way to do
it as well as a good solid pre-flight. Been a lot of times when I
found stuff right behind an A&P who wasn't very good or didn't care.
I wonder how much has been luck - good maintenance - or pilot
techniques. The reason I even mention it is the number of accidents
with low time pilots (and some not so low time) who bend helicopters
with mechanical failures. How often do they chop off a tail? Too
frequently in my opinion. Training? Abusing the equipment? Poor
maintenance? Dunno but I've had a half dozen mechanical failures in ag
ops and did good landings with them all. I don't know of a more
demanding or harder kind of work than ag so abnormal wear and tear is
expected. Could go on for hours in such discussions.
Best Regards
Rocky