Successful conversion of .cai files to .igc files for OLC

Old July 30th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
danlj

Default Successful conversion of .cai files to .igc files for OLC

The OLC site incorrectly has stated for months that the conversion
software available from Cambridge produces igc files valid for olc.
The OLC site currently has a news item that this isn't correct, but
does not offer the solution that works.

I have successfully produced valid igc files from my Cambridge model
25 only by using cai2igc4olc.exe -- this is available at
http://www.abqsoaring.org/misc_files/CAI_fix.htm

Thanks to Carl Ekdahl for doing last year what Cambridge cannot do.

cai2igc4olc.exe must be located in the directory in which the .cai
file is located -- I believe it's safest to copy the .cai file to a
working directory in which cai2igc4olc.exe is located...

Now...if someone would teach me how to point friends to flights I've
uploaded. I'm too stupid or blind to see how to do this.

Dan Johnson

Old July 31st 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Jul 30, 6:34 am, danlj wrote:
Now...if someone would teach me how to point friends to flights I've
uploaded. I'm too stupid or blind to see how to do this.

The confirmation email you get from OLC after uploading has a direct
link to your flight. Also the info button, when viewing a day's
flights is a link to that flight so just copy that link address and
email it to your friends.

Finally, click on your name, and that is a link to all the flights
you've submitted. Copying and sending that link will get someone to
all the flights you've done so far this season.

-Tom

Old August 5th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

snip

Now...if someone would teach me how to point friends to flights I've
uploaded. I'm too stupid or blind to see how to do this.

Dan Johnson

Link o your flights: http://www3.onlinecontest.org/olc-2....&pilotId=31804

awacs - 1 files [2/2] No Name Aviation Photos 0 April 2nd 07 10:46 PM
awacs - 1 files [1/2] No Name Aviation Photos 0 April 2nd 07 10:46 PM
SUA Files Mike Hostage Soaring 1 November 17th 05 07:37 PM
IGC files Mal.com Soaring 0 February 24th 05 10:56 AM
kill files Morgans Piloting 8 March 7th 04 11:14 PM