Minden: Open Class Nationals SPOT Tracking

Old June 12th 12, 06:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

Default Minden: Open Class Nationals SPOT Tracking

Google Maps: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/files/tracking.htm
Google Maps Large: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/...ckinglarge.htm
Mobile: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/files/mobile.htm
Google Earth KML: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/files/tracking.kml

Did I mention the 14kt total thermal average climb today...
QT
Old June 12th 12, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Monday, June 11, 2012 10:31:11 PM UTC-7, John Godfrey (QT) wrote:
Google Maps: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/files/tracking.htm
Google Maps Large: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/...ckinglarge.htm
Mobile: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/files/mobile.htm
Google Earth KML: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/files/tracking.kml

Did I mention the 14kt total thermal average climb today...
QT

I am curious if the spot adoption has increased after the incident at Mifflin.
Especially flying in the great basin, where you may never be found if you go down (remember Steve Fossett?) I expect no less than 100% of pilots to carry spot. if not, perhaps we need a similar program to the powerflarm rental program, and rent spots to those who do not want to spend $150...

Ramy
Old June 14th 12, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Monday, June 11, 2012 10:47:52 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
On Monday, June 11, 2012 10:31:11 PM UTC-7, John Godfrey (QT) wrote:
Google Maps: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/files/tracking.htm
Google Maps Large: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/...ckinglarge.htm
Mobile: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/files/mobile.htm
Google Earth KML: http://www.hawketracking.org/minden/files/tracking.kml

Did I mention the 14kt total thermal average climb today...
QT

I am curious if the spot adoption has increased after the incident at Mifflin.
Especially flying in the great basin, where you may never be found if you go down (remember Steve Fossett?) I expect no less than 100% of pilots to carry spot. if not, perhaps we need a similar program to the powerflarm rental program, and rent spots to those who do not want to spend $150...

Ramy

Glad to see 100% spot adoption, a big improvement over previous contests!

Ramy
Old June 14th 12, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Wednesday, 13 June 2012 19:03:33 UTC-6, Ramy wrote:
[...]

100% is nice but come on, there are only 9 competitors! Good showing for SPOT but a horrible showing for Open class Nationals. How can anyone expect organizers to be successful with such small participation?
Old June 14th 12, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:45:38 PM UTC-5, Ron Gleason wrote:
[...]

perhaps a good showing by a couple 15 meter ships will encourage future non long wing participation.
Old June 14th 12, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Wednesday, 13 June 2012 20:58:33 UTC-6, Tony wrote:
[...]

Along with non-overlapping contests. Open nats, Sports Nats and 18/Standard nats are all within 2 1/2 weeks. yeh I hear the WGC2012 is making scheduling hard for 2012 but geez
Old June 14th 12, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:02:15 PM UTC-5, Ron Gleason wrote:
[...]

that, and all 3 of those are out west. next year i am thinking about driving one of the gliders to whichever national is the closest to Wichita.
Old June 14th 12, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Wednesday, 13 June 2012 21:07:29 UTC-6, Tony wrote:
[...]

rumor has it that 15 Meter Nats and Open Nats will be in Hobbs NM mid-late June. Sports nats are in Miflin PA.