Sad News

Old June 17th 15, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

Default Sad News

I am sad to report that Leo Buckley passed away Monday evening at his home in Salem VA. Arrangements are pending.

http://www.roanoke.com/obituaries/bu...532ef73ff.html
Old June 17th 15, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 8:00:35 AM UTC-4, John Godfrey (QT) wrote:
I am sad to report that Leo Buckley passed away Monday evening at his home in Salem VA. Arrangements are pending.

http://www.roanoke.com/obituaries/bu...532ef73ff.html

Leo was a contributor and supporter of soaring for several decades. He was a cornerstone of BRSS from the beginning and a major contributor to our current contest soaring scoring system.
I have valued his friendship and wisdom for many years and will miss him deeply.
Condolences to Pat and the kids.
UH
Old June 17th 15, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My condolences as well. A great loss.

Jim Garrison (AE)

Old June 17th 15, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Very sad to hear this. He was a wonderful and kind man.
Old June 17th 15, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Very sorry to hear this. Leo wasn't well last fall but we tend to be in denial in situations like this. He had always been there at the New Castle contests--patient, dedicated, untiring, unflappable, supportive--and it made sense that he always would be in the future. My condolences to Pat and the family as well as to the folks at BRSS.

Chip Bearden
ASW 24 "JB"
U.S.A.

Old June 17th 15, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 8:00:35 AM UTC-4, John Godfrey (QT) wrote:
I am sad to report that Leo Buckley passed away Monday evening at his home in Salem VA. Arrangements are pending.

http://www.roanoke.com/obituaries/bu...532ef73ff.html

I enjoyed getting to know Leo better over the last couple of years working with him at the Region IV North contest at Fairfield. In addition to his considerable talents as a scorer and all-around computer guy, he was warm, calm under fire, and just a genuinely nice guy to be around. I'll miss him.

Erik Mann
Old June 17th 15, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

http://johnmoakey.com/book-of-memori...o/obituary.php
Old June 18th 15, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ed Hollestelle[_2_]

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 8:00:35 AM UTC-4, John Godfrey (QT) wrote:
I am sad to report that Leo Buckley passed away Monday evening at his home in Salem VA. Arrangements are pending.

http://www.roanoke.com/obituaries/bu...532ef73ff.html

Such sad news. Leo was a great person and supporter of our sport.
Our heartfelt condolences to Pat and the family.
We will miss you.
Ed and Annemarie.
Old June 18th 15, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

One of the guys who never flew a contest but made our sport possible. Thank you, Leo for all those nights figuring out MAT scoring, for putting up with us whining about score sheets, for keeping the lights on until the last land out reported in, for being a giving soul well past all reasonable measure, we will miss you dearly.
Condolences to Pat and the family
DJ