Rivet Guns

Old July 19th 05, 11:28 AM
tdfsks

Default Rivet Guns

I need to buy a budget priced rivet gun (for solids). I just want to
spend enough to get a gun that is sufficient to see me through a
project. i.e. it just needs to work and do a good job of setting the
rivets. I am not riveting B747's on the production line.

What is good and what is bad ? I see that Aircraft Spruce have a gun
for $89.00 (ATS AIRCRAFT RIVET GUN #2602). ATS also sells this for $99.
Anyone got this gun ? Comments ? Does it fit standard rivet sets or
are the rivets sets unique to this gun ? Obviously this is about the
cheapest ... what is the next step up and what do I get for the extra
money ?

Thanks,

Tom

Old July 19th 05, 01:21 PM
W P Dixon

Hi Tom,

I would highly advise going to The Yard website, they are located in
Wichita, KS. I have bought used guns from them for years. As well as angle
motors , bucking bars, and just last week a hand squeeze brand new for $69 !
They carry new as well as surplus and used tools. I have bought many a rivet
gun in the 50 buck range from them. Have been using several of them for
years , trouble free.
The gun you ask about uses standard shank sets, and for the gun is not a bad
deal. Since you are not going to be riveting the fuselage lap seam of a 747
I would say it would do fine for you. You may also want to check on ebay, I
have seen some good tool deals there as well.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

oups.com...

Old July 19th 05, 07:01 PM

W P Dixon wrote:

I would highly advise going to The Yard website, they are located in
Wichita, KS. I have bought used guns from them for years.

Ditto that. Good people; fast service.

-R.S.Hoover

Old July 21st 05, 01:43 AM
Blueskies