I Wanna Build an Aeroplane

Old August 7th 03, 06:45 AM
Badwater Bill

And finally, BWB goes COMPOSITE!

Bob Reed

Ah ****. There's always a Kill-Joy in the crowd. From an RV-6 metal
machine to a plastic car, you hit it on the head Bob. I have to take
the heat. Now, you guys probably will think of me as Mr. Composite!
Damn, there's always a downside to everything ;-]

The Corvette cost more than the RV-6 too, and it doesn't even fly.
There's something wrong with this picture!

BWB
Old August 7th 03, 06:55 AM
Badwater Bill

Anyone that's flown a tenth as much as you claim to would know.

I never used that term. I have not flown as much as you think.
Remember, most of what appears here is usenet bull****. I only have
4000 hours PIC.

Just a rookie by most standards.

BWB

What the ****, Over?

Since this newsgroups gone to hell in a hurry, does anyone know if there's a
mailing list that covers experimental homebuilts in general? I know there are a
lot of them for specific models.

Where are the uberhackers when you need them?

Old August 7th 03, 07:15 AM
Richard Lamb

Badwater Bill wrote:

And finally, BWB goes COMPOSITE!

Bob Reed

Ah ****. There's always a Kill-Joy in the crowd. From an RV-6 metal
machine to a plastic car, you hit it on the head Bob. I have to take
the heat. Now, you guys probably will think of me as Mr. Composite!
Damn, there's always a downside to everything ;-]

The Corvette cost more than the RV-6 too, and it doesn't even fly.

Oh yes it does.

Yer just too old to try it any more...

Old August 7th 03, 07:18 AM
Ken Sandyeggo

Bernie the Bunion wrote in message ...
Ken Sandyeggo wrote:

It now has centerline
thrust instead of that foot-long too high thrustline the RAF comes
with and that sent so many innocent, poor slobs to their deaths.

Ken.... Would this, or does this, stop that buntover problem that
you have talked about before.

Yes Bernie it does. With centerline thrust, there is no force above
the vertical center of gravity to push it over. You need thrust above
the vertical center of gravity in order to experience
(once-in-a-lifetime only) a buntover. Once you do it, at least you
don't ever have to worry about doing it again.

Ken J. - Psandie Aygowe
Old August 8th 03, 03:11 PM
Badwater Bill

You are right about that, you have totally lost your sense of priority. Any
damn fool can buy an expensive car and drive it. Get off your lazy butt and
build yourself a really fast Lancair IVP or Legacy and then you will know what
fast is all about. Hell man, you got the time so do something useful with it.

Bob Reed

You know, you are right. I built a 36x36 shop this spring too. I put
a 10 foot high garage door on it that's 18 feet wide too. I'm all set.
I can wheel an R-22 in and out of there. I even put a restroom in it
so when my prostate swells up and I have to pee every 15 minutes, I
don't have to hang it out on a tree outside.

I'm acually all primed to build. And, the Lancair VP is exactly what
a guy needs. You can build that baby for $200k and it's worth $400k
when you are through. That's my kind of building project.

BWB

Old August 8th 03, 03:12 PM
Badwater Bill

Yeah, yeah.

AND....
any damn fool can believe a picture shown on RAH of a dork
claiming to own the Boxster he was standing by or sitting in.

Surely, you have not forgotten the Wingbrat Porsche fiasco.

Barnyard BOb --

Nah...he didn't buy a Boxster. It was wingbrat bull **** if he said
that. He bought that Mitsubishi Diamonte or whatever the hell you
call it. It's got those little tires on it so you feel every bump in
the road. I prefer my towncar anyday, because I'm an old man.

BWB

Old August 8th 03, 03:26 PM
Barnyard BOb --

Surely, you have not forgotten the Wingbrat Porsche fiasco.

Barnyard BOb --

Nah...he didn't buy a Boxster. It was wingbrat bull **** if he said
that. He bought that Mitsubishi Diamonte or whatever the hell you
call it. It's got those little tires on it so you feel every bump in
the road. I prefer my towncar anyday, because I'm an old man.

BWB

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nah...
You won't be an old man fer another 11 years, sonny. g
No need to ax me how I know.

Barnyard BOb - gen-u-wine social security old phart
Old August 9th 03, 05:26 AM
Richard Lamb

"Capt. Doug" wrote:

Badwater Bill wrote in messageI built a 36x36 shop this spring too. I put
a 10 foot high garage door on it that's 18 feet wide too. I'm all set.
I can wheel an R-22 in and out of there.

10' high doors work for the R-22, but I'm wondering if an R-44 can fit by
tilting the machine backwards or maybe sideways on a trick dolly.

D.

While we are on this particular drift,

I really need ground gear for my lawn ornament.
http://home.flash.net/~lamb01/rvn.htm/v_loh01c.jpg

A dolly won't work due to low doors...

I need to be able to move it around easier.
Pipe rollers and a bunch of helpers is not convenient.

Anybody have a clue?

Richard