I love Jim Campbell

Old August 5th 03, 02:03 AM
Barnyard BOb --

More likely we have had our fill of foul mouthed people. You know it IS
possible to make a point without personal attacks and vulgarity.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

But not as much fun....

Ampmeter,

Apparently you have not read Boss Bernie's tome on... "fun".
Masturbation appears to be more publicly acceptable to him, unless....
you consider it - MORE FUN.

Barnyard BOb -- Master Baiter

Old August 5th 03, 02:44 AM
John Ammeter

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:03:02 -0500, Barnyard BOb --
wrote:

More likely we have had our fill of foul mouthed people. You know it IS
possible to make a point without personal attacks and vulgarity.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

But not as much fun....

Ampmeter,

Apparently you have not read Boss Bernie's tome on... "fun".
Masturbation appears to be more publicly acceptable to him, unless....
you consider it - MORE FUN.

Barnyard BOb -- Master Baiter

I did notice that Bernie seems to want to bring everything
down to the basics... "ass licking" may be one of his
favorite activities since he mentions it so much.

A few years ago, my wife made the mistake of asking her
admin assistant what he did over the weekend. Needless to
say, she learned that sometimes you DON'T want to know some
things... she didn't understand what he said and asked
further... she learned what "rimming" was...

I'll stop here.. don't want to offend any sensitive folks,
ya know...

John
Old August 5th 03, 03:46 AM
Big John

a@a,a

Tnx for the back ground on BWB. I spent two years compiling,
evaluating and briefing Commander SAC monthly on SAC combat
readiness. Also sat on Battle Staff in underground Command Post during
exercises and advanced states of alert. Never heard of this guy BWB.

My ex RO worked on the SIOP. I'll drop him a letter and see if he
heard of the guy also. The SIOP programmed sufficient weapons on a
target to assure it's destruction for those not with a SAC or Military
back ground. It also prevented expending to many wepons on a single
target, ie Navy and/or Air Force.

Big John
Point of the sword

On 4 Aug 2003 17:09:39 -0700, wrote:

In article , Bernie says...

snip

He will point out repeatedly.. ad naseum that he is a PHD in nuclear
physics and it is soley because of him that America sleeps safely at
night. He will rub his accomplishments and money into everyones and
anyones nose with delight and point out repeatedly that HE had more
time at the top of the loop than YOU have in the loop.

Not real physics, his PhD was astrophysics, which is physics without
experiments. His "big deal" paper was on midcourse correction for ballistic
missiles by having the warheads take sightings of stars, decreasing the CEP by
10. That made a first strike more likely to succeed (it wouldn't help a
retaliatory strike, the other side's silos would be empty by then) so it changed
Soviet docrine from launch on impact to launch on warning.

Old August 5th 03, 03:48 AM
B2431

You are one of the "unwashed"

Hey, I bathed just last summer.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old August 5th 03, 06:07 AM
Del Rawlins

On 04 Aug 2003 06:25 PM, Big John posted the following:

Sydney and some of the other ladies on the 'group' haven't commented
but I doubt if they appreciate his kind of behavior.

That is the sort of understatement that is only possible when one
doesn't know the rest of the story. I respectfully suggest you go to
the google archive if you wish to research Bill's vendetta against
Sydney, since no good can come of dredging it all up here in the
newsgroup again.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old August 5th 03, 07:15 AM
StellaStar

Nobody would give a damn if I were to drop dead tonight,

You underrate yourself, dear. There would be a very nice party. BWB would be
burned in effigy and everyone would have a lovely time.
Old August 5th 03, 10:36 AM
pac plyer

Big John wrote:

Pacplyer

I have 'plonked' BWB but all of 'you' keep including his filth in your
posts back to him. Have you ever used the insert "----clip----"? I'm
sure he knows what he wrote so you telling him back in your reply is
redundant.
Big John,

Pac sez:

Your points are valid John and I apologize to all for my cargo dog
language, and for reposting the same by responding to same. But
Usenet is the wild, wild west of the internet and it may just happen
again. Sorry in advance when I, or others cuss up a storm about
something we feel passionate about. :-\

All,

I look at RAH just like a busy intercity freeway. People who are
anonymous in their automobiles do things they never would consider
doing to others face to face in a social setting. They flip the bird
when they get cut off, and then, they swerve with no blinkers in front
of a slow vehicle in the fast lane to get even. Again, that's not
how these people act when they get out of their automobiles. That's
not how they act to those they know, or have just met at the store. I
don't attack them at the filling station to get even. No harm, no
foul.

RAH is identical in almost every way except one: No structure, other
than the regular's sharp reprisals exist to put a wild driver into
question. When a Charlatan gets exposed, he usually fires a parting
shot and leaves. Or when a person has no depth of character, or
nothing memorable to say he usually seeks an anonymous cloak and
nit-picks the others about being off-topic, uncivil, or turns into a
spellchecker. :-( That's life on the freeway: you have great drivers
and then you have Helen Keller. Granted, in this analogy, BWB is
nothing less than the terminator in a runaway Peterbuilt. If we can
just re-program his prime directive, we would have one hell of a
writer on our hands again. Be patient. It's either that or we'll
just have to kill him. ;-) (mass injections of Muzzleloader come to
mind. But save some for me, I have yet to sample this fine sounding
cure-all.)

Now for my pet peeve about all of you: I do not accept the
on-topic/off-topic outlook many of you have for RAH. It is not a
place in cyberspace confined only to the demands of newbies that want
free homebuilding information. RAH is our home, and I consider all of
you my friends. I've been reading you for years and I feel as if I
know all of you. Yes even that "Alpha Hotel" I had to flame the other
day! :-# As long as RAH remains 100% unmoderated, I will enjoy it
and hang out here. :-)

Back to net-rage. On the real road, the state maintains a hugely
expensive police force to stop this behavior, but it doesn't put a
dent in the road rage problem. All it does is fill up donut shops
with cops who, understandably, don't want to deal with it.

We have a lot of road rage at RAH. With total freedom of expression
in play, and a large population of people driving around with fake
license plates, feathers are going to get ruffled. But tolerating a
bunch of Netcops in our presence is not the answer.

Instead of dictating or trying to change all of your behavior...
Maybe, if for example: I developed a little thicker skin when someone
said I was full of Methane, I could just accept him/her for what
she/he is: a ****ing moron... whoops: withdrawn! (hey, lawyers get
away with that!) strike that from the record; I meant: a different
mentally developed individual than myself. ;-)

Someone (perhaps a colleague,) once alluded that, my posts "didn't
ring true." If I'd of have a thicker skin, maybe I wouldn't have felt
compelled to flame his sorry ass to the ground... but boy, I must
confess, he deserved it and it sure felt Gooooood! I have since kinda
regretted it (But the ******* asked for it, right?) O.K, O.K. it was
wrong.

But Ladies and Gentlemen, RAH is GA, and GA IS inherently dangerous.
We just lost two pilots in experimentals in our area last month. If
you can't suffer a little criticism or overlook the faults of
professional pilots and builders with experience, then you don't
belong in the sky.

pacplyer - out
Old August 5th 03, 03:19 PM
Big John

Bob

BWB never touched a Nuc weapon. They had programs that screened out
kooks like him.

Big John
Point of the sword

Old August 5th 03, 04:17 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

pac plyer wrote:

I look at RAH just like a busy intercity freeway. People who are
anonymous in their automobiles do things they never would consider
doing to others face to face in a social setting. They flip the bird
when they get cut off, and then, they swerve with no blinkers in front
of a slow vehicle in the fast lane to get even. Again, that's not
how these people act when they get out of their automobiles. That's
not how they act to those they know, or have just met at the store. I
don't attack them at the filling station to get even. No harm, no
foul.

Pac, with respect, I think this analogy is flawed.

The function of an intercity highway is to move people and
goods from Point A to Point B. No interpersonal relationships
between cars are necessary, no additional functions exist
which depend upon civil interpersonal relations. Someone flips
you the bird, you drive on. Probably, no harm no foul, although,
yes indeedy flip off the wrong driver and he may just follow
you into the gas station and clean your clock, or just shoot you
-- it's happened. My favorite is the Massachusetts crossbow
incident but I digress.

The function of a newsgroup is to exchange information. As such,
it functions more like a small town or a local community than a
"busy intercity freeway". People need to get to know whose advice
is generally sound and what other people's personal tics are.
Some meet IRL and break bread together. The topics of conversations
may vary, and a certain amount of off-topic stuff is inevitable,
but some kind of social compact is necessary for the group
to be able to serve its intended function. You allude to this
yourself.

What happens if a neighbor or coworker gets in his automobile
and starts behaving as you describe -- "getting even", flipping
the bird, yelling profanities in the parking lot? Around here
at least, it wouldn't be tolerated. It's disruptive of good
professional relationships if it's a coworker who behaves like a
total d*ckh**d to you in the parking lot then expects you to
give him your best help on Monday, and it's dangerous to the
kids if it's in the neighborhood. Yes harm Yes foul. In a
small town, people like that get a "talking to" if that doesn't
suffice there's an "intervention" and they get toted off to
the local head-shrinker. By their friends and supporters.

RAH is identical in almost every way except one: No structure, other
than the regular's sharp reprisals exist to put a wild driver into
question.

The latter is true, but I think your analogy does break down
at the former. Unlike an anonymous intercity highway, the
newsgroup has a function which necessarily depends upon people
being able to interact. What happens after an EAA meeting when
people are mingling in small groups some shooting the bull and some
talking technical, if someone is continually running from group
to group screaming general profanities and prolonged repeated
abuse at specific people? Wouldn't that be seen as disruptive
and unacceptable?

Suppose they happened to have gobs of experience flying and building,
well, what good does it do anyone if instead of sharing it, they
spend all their time and energy picking fights and being disruptive?
Other experienced people are unable to share their experience or get
disgusted by the atmosphere and leave.

My point is, and perhaps I mistake you, you seem to be on the
one hand pointing out that there's no mechanism to edit content
other than the "social compact" as it were -- individual choice
to either post a "sharp reprisal" or to refuse to associate
with an individual by killfiling them, and the sum of such
individual choices.

And you're right.

But, on the other hand, you seem to be criticizing Dan and
"Big John" for pretty much doing as you say -- making a "sharp
reprisal" against some stuff they don't like. If it's a "free
newsgroup" where anything goes, aren't you playing "Netcop"
yourself by critiquing them?

Why is it OK for one guy to mouth off as he chooses, but not
OK for anyone who responds disapprovingly, they get told off
for trying to be a "net cop" and directed to a moderated
newsgroup?

Aren't they just exercising the very mechanism you tout
here -- the "sharp reprisal"?

Now granted I'm galactically stupid and all that, so maybe you
just need to explain the difference to me since I don't see it.
Use small words and talk slowly.

Granted, in this analogy, BWB is
nothing less than the terminator in a runaway Peterbuilt. If we can
just re-program his prime directive, we would have one hell of a
writer on our hands again. Be patient.

Bill made some great posts Once Upon a Time. Like, more than
4 years ago. It seems pretty clear to me he's no longer willing
or able to do so. Just how much "reckless driving" does your
community tolerate from someone who used to be a contributing
citizen? Do you believe in fairy tales?

Back to net-rage. On the real road, the state maintains a hugely
expensive police force to stop this behavior, but it doesn't put a
dent in the road rage problem.

Actually, on the real road, people are to some extent restrained
by the knowledge that the person they flip the bird and cut off
just might follow them into the nearest filling station and whip
their ass. Or, might be their bosses' or neighbor's wife.

I think there's a word for people who make nicey-nice to someone's
face when they meet in person, then trash that same person endlessly
when they're safe behind a computer and out of reach of a good right
hook or a sidekick to the kneecap. But I digress again.

But Ladies and Gentlemen, RAH is GA, and GA IS inherently dangerous.
We just lost two pilots in experimentals in our area last month. If
you can't suffer a little criticism or overlook the faults of
professional pilots and builders with experience, then you don't
belong in the sky.

Oh, I can suffer a *little* criticism, heh heh. I can even suffer
serious criticism provided it has some factual basis. I can also
overlook the faults of real professional pilots and builders with
real experience. I think most people here can do so.

What's that got to do with endless mindless abuse and personal
vendettas?

OK, that's my $0.02 I'll sit down and shut up again now.
Sydney