Go Jay H...

Old May 9th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Go Jay H...

One of Jay's photos from Sun N Fun made it to the picture of the week page
at AvWeb.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/potw...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

Old May 9th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
One of Jay's photos from Sun N Fun made it to the picture of the week page
at AvWeb.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/potw...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

Nice picture of the formation flight, Jay, but....

What the heck is that filthy rag doing hanging on Atlas's door?

First, man, find a different place to hang something that filthy... Like the
trash can? g

Second, you should have done a bit of Photoshop work, to get rid of it. You
might have won first place! g
--
Jim in NC

Old May 9th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 9 May 2007 16:18:28 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in
:

One of Jay's photos from Sun N Fun made it to the picture of the week page
at AvWeb.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/potw...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

The photo would have been a lot nicer if he'd have hung his dirty
laundry someplace else. :-)

Old May 9th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
TheSmokingGnu

Morgans wrote:
First, man, find a different place to hang something that filthy... Like the
trash can? g

Hey, some of us have a deep respect for a man with a well-used oil rag.
It means something, y'know?

TheSmokingGnu
Old May 10th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

So what do they give you after the ballcap?
Old May 10th 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

So what do they give you after the ballcap?

Well, they offered to send me another ball cap (even though I got beat
out by some VERY cool pix), but I declined. The LAST thing I need is
more ball caps...

The rag in the pic was what I had just used to wipe the dew off the
wings. SNF (and OSH) are VERY dusty environments, but the dew is
heavy enough to wash it off -- IF you get up early enough to wipe 'em
down.

Obviously I didn't put any "planning" into the picture, or I would
have removed said rag. But the opportunity arose, there was no
danger, so I took the shot...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 10th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"TheSmokingGnu" wrote in message
Morgans wrote:
First, man, find a different place to hang something that filthy... Like
the trash can? g

Hey, some of us have a deep respect for a man with a well-used oil rag. It
means something, y'know?

chuckle

Yeah, I know. I have shop rags that look that bad, too. Thing is, I throw
them somewhere where they will not get anything dirty, instead of hanging
them up.

Besides that, I never pass up an opportunity to "rag" on Jay! G
--
Jim in NC

Old May 11th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote

The rag in the pic was what I had just used to wipe the dew off the
wings. SNF (and OSH) are VERY dusty environments, but the dew is
heavy enough to wash it off -- IF you get up early enough to wipe 'em
down.

That is your dew rag?

Man, pack another towel, and use a clean cloth for rubbing down the dew. I
would think that a rag like yours would smear oil all over everything.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 11th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

That is your dew rag?

Man, pack another towel, and use a clean cloth for rubbing down the dew. I
would think that a rag like yours would smear oil all over everything.

Well, that *was* "Day 5" of being on the field. Clean rags don't
exist after, oh, say, "Day 3".

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 11th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

On May 9, 5:18 pm, "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net
wrote:
One of Jay's photos from Sun N Fun made it to the picture of the week page
at AvWeb.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/potw...95165-1.html?C...

Now THERE'S something you don't see every day.... a Goony Bird leading
a formation of Yaks & Nanchangs...

Only at SNF I 'spose G