Glider Pilots Wanted - Worldwide Positions

Old October 12th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider Pilots Wanted - Worldwide Positions

Have you ever wanted to be a part of a winning team? Now is your
opportunity!

Warner Springs Gliders is pleased to announce that we are accepting
applications for our team roster for the 2008 On-Line Contest year!
We have an immediate need for International Competitive Off-Site
Pilots, Hired Guns, Hooligans, Neanderthals, Knuckle Draggers, Dirt
Bags, Soldiers of Fortune, and Lurkers (not you Lennie).

To apply select Warner Springs Gliders as your club affiliation at
www.OnLineContest.org All applications will be accepted
immediately!

Join a winning team, and let's take first in the world this year!

Old October 12th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

How much you paying hired guns?

How About a Region 12 Team? Warner, Hole-in-the Wall, Tehachapi,
CaCity, Crystal ???

Old October 12th 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Oct 11, 6:43 pm, " wrote:
How much you paying hired guns?

The benefits package includes BBQ's, Beer, "naturally gifted" glider
assembly/washing assistants, to name a few.

Old October 12th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Hmm, you want cooperation between glider pilots? Herded any cats
lately?
A few years ago, I added RESCO as an OLC team. I think 4 or 6 of us
flew a season as RESCO members, a failed experiment. For those
international pilots, that somehow stands for "Region 12 Soaring
Council", the region in which all the clubs Mark mentioned reside.
How do international off-site hired guns attend the barbecues to get
the beer? Offer free round-trip airfare and I bet you'd grab some
pilots from Oceania and Africa!
Jim

Old October 12th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

What you said plus what Jim said, plus a non-schweizer ship to fly and
an attractive crew.

Old October 12th 07, 07:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Oct 11, 9:16 pm, " wrote:
What you said plus what Jim said, plus a non-schweizer ship to fly and
an attractive crew.

OLC sluts unite!

Old October 12th 07, 07:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Oct 12, 8:23 am, JS wrote:
On Oct 11, 9:16 pm, " wrote:

What you said plus what Jim said, plus a non-schweizer ship to fly and
an attractive crew.

OLC sluts unite!

Aren't we all OLCS's

Bob

Old October 12th 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Oct 12, 1:58 am, "
wrote:
On Oct 12, 8:23 am, JS wrote:

On Oct 11, 9:16 pm, " wrote:

What you said plus what Jim said, plus a non-schweizer ship to fly and
an attractive crew.

OLC sluts unite!

Aren't we all OLCS's

Bob

I want my OLCS t-shirt! PEZ, please come back and design one for us!

66
Specializing in low altitude OLC

Old October 12th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Oct 12, 8:30 am, "kirk.stant" wrote:
On Oct 12, 1:58 am, "
wrote:

On Oct 12, 8:23 am, JS wrote:

On Oct 11, 9:16 pm, " wrote:

What you said plus what Jim said, plus a non-schweizer ship to fly and
an attractive crew.

OLC sluts unite!

Aren't we all OLCS's

Bob

I want my OLCS t-shirt! PEZ, please come back and design one for us!

66
Specializing in low altitude OLC

send me a logger and ill be on your team! all my 10 mile (15
handicapped!) cross countries will put your club over the top in the
world standings im sure

Old October 12th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

Personally I think that the idea of an OLC "team" being made up of
people from around the world is not what the OLC rules makers
intended. I can see a team being a subset of a club, an entire club,
flying from the same field, maybe a pilots from several clubs within a
medium sized geographic region, or MAYBE even from within a larger
region (I.E. PASCO, CLGC, etc).

However, I think the idea of recruiting a team from anything larger
(even if allowed by the rules) stinks.

Soaring contest flying isn't a money maker and thus has this WONDERFUL
atmosphere of friendship, sharing and fun. What you are doing here
defeats this ideal.

My $0.02.