Phoenix Area Flying Clubs..

Old April 4th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Phoenix Area Flying Clubs..

Does anyone know of any Flying clubs based in the Phoenix Metro area
other than Phoenix Flyers and Arizona Cloudbusters? I'm talking about
true non-profit clubs, not FBOs renting planes that call themselves a
club.

Thanks,
--Dan

Old April 4th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know of any Flying clubs based in the Phoenix Metro area
other than Phoenix Flyers and Arizona Cloudbusters? I'm talking about
true non-profit clubs, not FBOs renting planes that call themselves a
club.

Thanks,
--Dan

In which part of town do you live, Dan?

Jay

Old April 4th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay, if you know of one, I'll be interested.
I'm in south Chander, and just got re-employed (yippee), so I'll be
looking around. I like Tailwind at Chandler, but if I can fly for less
somehow, I'll look into that.

Old April 4th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay, if you know of one, I'll be interested.
I'm in south Chandler, and just got re-employed (yippee), so I'll be
looking around. I don't mind renting, but if I can fly for less
somehow, I'll look into that.

Old April 5th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay,

I live in Fountain Hills. Right now I belong to Phoenix Flyers, which
I really like. www.phoenixflyers.org. The club has two Archers, an
Arrow, and a Commanche, although the Arrow is for sale and we are
looking for a late-model 182. All planes have GNS 430s.

I was just trying to get a feel for other clubs in the area.

--Dan

Old April 5th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
oups.com...
Jay, if you know of one, I'll be interested.
I'm in south Chandler, and just got re-employed (yippee), so I'll be
looking around. I don't mind renting, but if I can fly for less
somehow, I'll look into that.

Congrats on the new work...

I did my PP-ASEL training at Tailwind as well as all of my immediate
post-training rentals. IMO, they have great equipment (they just added an
Arrow) but they are a rather bare bones operation (small building, small
staff) and may not impress you at first blush. Walk in and ask for T1 or T2
(T1 = Tom Guilfoy Sr ... T2 = Tom Jr) they are interesting characters.

Since August of 05, I've belonged to the Arizona Cloudbusters flying club
which is based at the Stellar Airpark.

Club website:

www.arizonacloudbusters.com

Three planes (2xC182 , 1xC172SP) all rent at $85/hr wet. Shares go for
$2100 and monthly dues are $80.

Regards,

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Arizona Cloudbusters
Chandler, AZ

Old April 5th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Beckman wrote:
I did my PP-ASEL training at Tailwind

Not to advertise for anyone, and I have no connection to them, but...

I've rented at a few operations, including Tailwind. Tailwind may be
small, but it is extremely clean and professional. The paperwork and
organization are immaculate, as are the aircraft. It's one of the
best I've personally seen.

The Chandler terminal has an excellent pilot's lounge too.

Old April 5th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
oups.com...
Jay Beckman wrote:
I did my PP-ASEL training at Tailwind

Not to advertise for anyone, and I have no connection to them, but...

I've rented at a few operations, including Tailwind. Tailwind may be
small, but it is extremely clean and professional. The paperwork and
organization are immaculate, as are the aircraft. It's one of the
best I've personally seen.

The Chandler terminal has an excellent pilot's lounge too.

Also true...

Now if they only had more hanger/ramp space...

Jay B