Anybody refinish their old ASW 19?

Old November 16th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Rizzo

Default Anybody refinish their old ASW 19?

Yes, I know about hiring it out, but I used to be a model maker and its fun,
or at least has been so far.
Anybody know anyone who has re-profiled the wing and may have a
template set? Jim

Old November 16th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

Jim,

Profiling is a lot of work! Be sure that when removing the original gel coat
you don't damage the fiber glass cloth. I am sure you realize that you are
taking on a 400+ hr project.
(http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Co...profiling.html)

If no one here has ASW-19 wing profile templates, maybe posting this on
rec.aviation.soaring will yield results.

Wayne

Old November 16th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bill Daniels

Refinish/reprofile is a lot of work but less than building a glider from a
kit.

Templates can be laser cut out of plexi by your local plastics shop if you
can make a CAD drawing for the airfoil sections of interest. It'a actually
cheap.

Bill Daniels