Nearly had my life terminated today

Old September 3rd 05, 02:05 AM
john smith

Dudley Henriques wrote:
I've been reading these reports for years. There's nothing new in them.
There is no doubt an ejection seat will improve a mid air situation, and
some pilots do survive, but in the safety community we don't treat a mid air
as a survivable situation when discussing them in the flight safety context.
What is so difficult to understand about this?
If you wish to quote mid airs where pilots have survived, by all means be my
guest. I'm aware that pilots have survived mid airs. That wasn't my point.
DH

What was the movie with the T-33?
The pilot told his back seat pax tha if he saw he was going to have a
mid-air, he would position his aircraft so the belly was against the
other aircraft.
The pax asked why and the response was "So I can still eject."
Old September 3rd 05, 02:37 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:16:30 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
dhenriques@noware .net wrote in
et::

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:57:52 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
dhenriques@noware .net wrote in
. net::

Although some mid airs are survivable, and incidents can be easily found
and
quoted, ...

Yep. Here are a couple of mo
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...13X33340&key=1
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...26X00109&key=2

Did you notice that all three I cited are civil/military? In each
case the military pilot survived, and in one case the civil pilot did
too.

I've been reading these reports for years. There's nothing new in them.

That sort of depends on how many years you've been reading them.

I've already said fifty odd but apparently you missed it .

If one looks at military/civil MACs that occurred in the CONUS, one finds
that in each case the (5) military pilots walked away subsequent to
surviving the initial impact. In only one case the civil pilot landed
safely. In that case a military fighter collided with a glider, and
the NTSB found the glider pilot to be at fault despite his having the
right of way.

Just be advised that in the flight safety community, (and I'm saying this
again for the THIRD time for you) we don't consider discussing mid air
collisions as a survivable condition, and as such, ALL instruction, and ALL
prevention education is geared completely toward AVOIDING the collision. A
VITAL factor in this education is the recognition that a mid air should be
considered unsurvivable. It should be apparent to anyone reading what I have
said on this issue that my statement "everybody dies in a mid air" was meant
in the flight safety context and NOT in the literal sense you have chosen to
challenge!
So if it pleases you to counter my statement by quoting case files of mid
airs that involved survival, I'll just let it be that you and I see this
issue through a different pair of lenses and let it go at that .
Dudley Henriques

Today, I became a pilot... Jase Vanover Piloting 8 August 8th 05 03:14 PM
I can teach anyone how to get what they want out of life. reynArd Simulators 0 November 20th 04 10:57 AM
I can teach anyone how to get what they want out of life. reynArd Home Built 0 November 20th 04 10:55 AM
Life insurance DJA Soaring 4 November 25th 03 08:25 AM
"Target for Today" & "Thunderbolt" WWII Double Feature at Zeno'sDrive-In Zeno Aerobatics 0 August 2nd 03 07:31 PM