Bullying desguised (badly) as precaution

Old November 1st 05, 02:05 PM
W P Dixon

Default Bullying disguised (badly) as precaution (long reply to Jay

The guy went to jail for 15 days for not paying his fine...two of them. I
don't think they had him working on a chain gang or anything. "Drinking some
water here BOSS!" The term imprisonment makes it seem like he was sent to
a hard core penal colony, maybe jailed is a better word?
I wonder if while he was in jail if he went around to all the other jail
cells and bugged the ever living crap out of all the inmates?

Patrick
student SP
aircraft structural mech

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
"Cub Driver" usenet AT danford DOT net wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:55:55 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

With famous irony, New Hampshire used to imprison people who had
religious
objections to the motto and taped over it on their own license plates.

What were the religious objections?

The objections weren't religious, of course. They were political.

Nor have I ever heard of anyone being imprisoned for taping over "Live
Free or Die".

How can you "never have heard" of it? The message of mine that you're
responding to (the one that's partially quoted above) already cited a
particular case in which the imprisonment (of a Jehovah's Witness, who had
religious objections to the motto) occurred.

--Gary

Old November 1st 05, 02:19 PM
BDS

"Skylune" wrote

If and when I restart my training, will I be instantly transformed from
AvTroll to simple critic?

No, you will be transformed from Troll to Hypocrite.

Old November 1st 05, 02:44 PM
Jay Honeck

I'm also very curious as to why GA planes aren't named. Maybe some are,
but I haven't seen 'em. If I can get my ticket and then buy a plane, damn
it, I'm gonna paint a name on it!

I met a fellow who flew a Mooney named "Blue Bird". He had it painted on
the side.

Do a Google search on "Final Flight" and you can read about this grand old
gentleman.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 1st 05, 06:38 PM
Tom Conner

wrote:

With famous irony, New Hampshire used to imprison people who had

religious
objections to the motto and taped over it on their own license plates.

What were the religious objections?

The objections weren't religious, of course. They were political.

Nor have I ever heard of anyone being imprisoned for taping over "Live
Free or Die".

However, it used to be true that the plates were manufactured in the
state prison. (Probably now outsourced to China

-- all the best, Dan Ford

Saw your article yesterday in the new AOPA Pilot magazine. Were you in any
of the pictures?

Old November 2nd 05, 12:32 AM

Default Bullying desguised (badly) as precaution

My wife and I were once harassed by two Chicago Police officers when we
approached the Meigs Field terminal several years ago... this was in the
late 1990s, after the police had "confiscated" the second floor of the
terminal to use as office space.

It was the "station" for lakefront police patrols.

We were asked about our business at
the airport, to which we responded that we were pilots who had never
been to Meigs and wanted to look inside the terminal. At that point, we
were promptly told to leave the property because the airport "isn't open
to the public." We came back later, when we encountered no police and
were able to enter the terminal and observation deck. We all know how
that book eventually ended.

Yeah, rock and roll! And the terminal itself houses injured birds.

JG

Old November 2nd 05, 04:22 AM
Jay Honeck

-- all the best, Dan Ford

Saw your article yesterday in the new AOPA Pilot magazine. Were you in
any
of the pictures?

Me, too, Dan. Great job!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 2nd 05, 07:55 PM
AJ

Yep. Now it's the city that's bailing out everybody else.

AJ