Typical power settings during cruise and other phases of flight

Old September 29th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Default Typical power settings during cruise and other phases of flight

As a corporate pilot who spends a lot of time in Europe I can attest that
the French controllers speak MUCH better English than the English
controllers.

Karl

Further, Dassault makes the finest corporate jets available, especially from
a pilot's perspective.

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Marc Adler writes:

What? France is no further behind the US than any other European
country, and certainly not by "30 years" (whatever that's supposed to
mean).

They are all behind the U.S.; but France also has the handicap of its
insistence on doing everything its own way, plus its inability to
speak English.

Old September 29th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Marc Adler

Mxsmanic wrote:

They are all behind the U.S.; but France also has the handicap of its
insistence on doing everything its own way, plus its inability to
speak English.

Whatever.

Marc

Old September 29th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Stefan writes:

I guess when it comes to standards (as in ICAO), then the country with
the most exceptions is the USA...

It's still the center of the aviation world, and the leading edge of
aviation as well. Europe is a backwater by comparison, as in most
domains.

Old September 29th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

karl gruber writes:

As a corporate pilot who spends a lot of time in Europe I can attest that
the French controllers speak MUCH better English than the English
controllers.

I've heard that French controllers are derisively referred to as
"keskeedees," because they are always saying "Qu'est-ce qu'il dit?"
("What did he say?") in the background to their colleagues when
guiding aircraft in English.

Old September 29th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

writes:

What French exceptions?

Everything.

Old September 29th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

but France also has the handicap of its
insistence on doing everything its own way, plus its inability to
speak English.

The same is true for the United States.

We can speak English. Well, we can speak
American if you ask the Brits (:

Old September 30th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

"Marc Adler" wrote in news:1159455349.487660.23170
@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Unfortunately you're right, but there's something to be said for a
nation that can't remember any history further back than the last
presidential election. We look at Europe, and (when we're in an ironic

This is hogwash. There is not a single American over the age of 30 who
doesn't remember the "Hanging Chad" election!

And I bet there's not a single American over the age of 40 who doesn't
remeber the "Read My Lips" election.

Remembering the American Revolution incident, however, stopped being a useful
memory to most living Americans after about 1977.
Old September 30th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Judah wrote:

"Marc Adler" wrote in news:1159455349.487660.23170
@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Unfortunately you're right, but there's something to be said for a
nation that can't remember any history further back than the last
presidential election. We look at Europe, and (when we're in an ironic

This is hogwash. There is not a single American over the age of 30 who
doesn't remember the "Hanging Chad" election!

And I bet there's not a single American over the age of 40 who doesn't
remeber the "Read My Lips" election.

Remembering the American Revolution incident, however, stopped being a useful
memory to most living Americans after about 1977.

And a few of us chanted:

"Dump the chump,
End the freeze,
Bring Nixon to his knees"

In our youth.

Old September 30th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Wolfgang Schwanke writes:

The same is true for the United States.

An inability to speak English is not a problem for the U.S., and since
it represents most of the market, doing things its own way also tends
to be doing things the majority way.

Old October 2nd 06, 10:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Mxsmanic,

What French exceptions?

Everything.

You have again no idea what you are talking about.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)