3rd class medical urinalysis?

Old April 18th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
DR

Default 3rd class medical urinalysis?

steve wrote:
Not that this would be an issue for me, but when I went for my class III
medical last year, they only checked for diabetes in the urine.

No, they checked for the presence of reducing sugars... I'm trying not
to be pedantic but my flight instructor insists that I strive for
precision :-)

Cheers MarkC
Do your users want the best web-email gateway? Don't let your
customers drift off to free webmail services install your own
web gateway!
-- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_webmail.htm ----
Old April 18th 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
DR

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

We had an employee that failed for
cocaine on a Tuesday and admitted to me that he had used it Sunday
afternoon. He thought it was strange though that we caught him because the
day before his FEDERAL probation officer had tested him with the little
instant read cups on Monday and he passed.

So he's now going to jail for probation violation?

Cheers
Old April 18th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

DR wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

We had an employee that failed for
cocaine on a Tuesday and admitted to me that he had used it Sunday
afternoon. He thought it was strange though that we caught him
because the day before his FEDERAL probation officer had tested him
with the little instant read cups on Monday and he passed.

So he's now going to jail for probation violation?

Cheers

I don't know. We fired him but are under no request or requirement to report
the drug screen results to the probation officer. His PO also never called
to ask why he got fired. Your tax dollars at work.

Old April 18th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

I always drink extra coffee before the medical. I'd be terribly
embarrassed to have no pulse (not to mention that it might be
disqualifying), and coffee really gets my heart going.

Coffee and the caffeine it contains can raise blood pressure and cause
diuresis.

Now who to copy if I ever want to pose as a humorless schmuck!

Blame me. I didn't include an "emoticon" for the literally challenged.
Of course, I also don't reply to that particular poster, so that those of
us with kill files even saw that abuse of electrons is your fault.

You're hereby docked one coffee flagon.

- Andrew

No, Andrew, it wasn't you.

Besides, you used one of my favorite lines.

Peter :-)

Old April 18th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Finn

Hi Finn

Sounds interesting, what's a random program that uses a USCG license?

Cheers MarkC

Mark, in order to use a USCG capt license, one must be enrolled in a
random drug program. I use a company called American Professional
Captains Assoc Drug Consortium, (APCA) out of St Pete, FL.
Coincidently I got my renewal notice in the mail today. Cost is $49/
yr. On the form it says:

"USCG requires that every licensed mariner operating under his license
to be covered by a random drug program. This may be either company
operated or provided by a USCG approved random drug consortium, such
as APCA"

From what I understand the company must check at least 50% of

'members' in any one year. Hope that answers your question. thx.

Old April 20th 07, 10:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 18, 1:11 pm, Margy Natalie wrote:

When I was in high school the student bathrooms seemed to vent into the
gym teachers office. They had to abandon their offices during lunch
periods because they ended up too high to teach their next classes.

Yeh right. Toilets venting into teachers offices? LOL If this story
has a grain of truth I'd imagine that is simply that they wanted any
excuse not to teach the brats... The concentration of smoke in a
typical room is so low (as compared to that in the smokers lungs -
which already filtered out a lot of the THC) you simply can't get high
that way and that is also why you don't test positive on a drug
screen. This has been medically tested... Good urban myth story tho'

Cheers

3rd Class Medical Slez via AviationKB.com Piloting 6 February 1st 07 07:21 PM
Lipitor and third class medical nobody Piloting 3 November 5th 06 01:02 AM
Class III Medical Flyingmonk Piloting 47 December 14th 05 09:08 PM
FAA 2nd class medical LB Piloting 17 October 1st 05 05:58 AM
Class III medical, Sport Pilot Medical, Crohn's disease [email protected] Piloting 3 August 15th 05 01:44 PM