LXNAV V7 - Reviews?

Old October 21st 14, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LXNAV V7 - Reviews?

On Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:53:47 AM UTC+11, wrote:
Hey all, I'm considering get an LX7 as well and wanted to get people's feedback on it. I just bought a new ship and will likely gut the panel as it is way cluttered, redundant and unergonomic and replace half of it. What I'm looking for is a nice audio vario w/ audio speed command, an averager and a netto function. I don't need any kind of navigation/GPS functions really as the Oudie takes care of that nicely. In my current glider I have an LX1600 connected to an Oudie which although was a complete pain in the ass to set up, once I got it up and running, it does that job nicely in a small 2 1/4" box, so I'm looking for something comparable.

First off, is the little integrated color screen really sunlight readable at max brightness? As in brighter than an Oudie sunlight readable screen (which I think is still slightly hard to see in sun).

About a connection to an Oudie/SeeYouMobile. Does it transfer things like MC settings, bugs, water, etc.... back and forth between the Oudie and the vario so you don't have to adjust MC setting twice on 2 different instruments? How about setting current waypoint in the Oudie transfer over to the vario such that you can get distance/altitude needed info on the vario?

Thanks,

Omri

I flew with a V9 at the weekend, which is essentially the same display, but connected to an LX8080.
The screen is perfectly readable in strong sunlight. Far better than the CAI302 it replaced.

LXNAV V7 Paul Remde Soaring 2 November 2nd 11 12:31 AM
LXNAV Nano and LX 9000 Overview Videos Available Paul Remde Soaring 3 February 28th 11 01:58 PM
IGC-approval of the LXNAV Nano GNSS Flight recorder Ian Strachan Soaring 5 September 1st 10 02:41 PM
FBO Reviews [email protected] Piloting 2 December 19th 05 03:50 PM
'Winning 2' reviews? Stewart Kissel Soaring 2 May 8th 05 07:39 PM