A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LXNAV V7 - Reviews?

Old October 21st 14, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV V7 - Reviews?

On Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:53:47 AM UTC+11, wrote:
Hey all, I'm considering get an LX7 as well and wanted to get people's feedback on it. I just bought a new ship and will likely gut the panel as it is way cluttered, redundant and unergonomic and replace half of it. What I'm looking for is a nice audio vario w/ audio speed command, an averager and a netto function. I don't need any kind of navigation/GPS functions really as the Oudie takes care of that nicely. In my current glider I have an LX1600 connected to an Oudie which although was a complete pain in the ass to set up, once I got it up and running, it does that job nicely in a small 2 1/4" box, so I'm looking for something comparable.

First off, is the little integrated color screen really sunlight readable at max brightness? As in brighter than an Oudie sunlight readable screen (which I think is still slightly hard to see in sun).

About a connection to an Oudie/SeeYouMobile. Does it transfer things like MC settings, bugs, water, etc.... back and forth between the Oudie and the vario so you don't have to adjust MC setting twice on 2 different instruments? How about setting current waypoint in the Oudie transfer over to the vario such that you can get distance/altitude needed info on the vario?

Thanks,

Omri

I flew with a V9 at the weekend, which is essentially the same display, but connected to an LX8080.
The screen is perfectly readable in strong sunlight. Far better than the CAI302 it replaced.