Different ship, no mo' suckage..

Old November 15th 04, 02:41 PM
Steve R.

Default Different ship, no mo' suckage..

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
I get the ship cooled down, shut off and secured and walk back to the
hangar. As soon as I round the corner, there's Q.. "What was that
mess all about?" ****, he did see that landing. I blamed it on the
rotor wash from the ship next to me.. He gave me one of those "uh
huh" looks and walked away. How come he's never there to see the
really nice ones??

He probably does, just doesn't want to give you a fat head by patting you on
the back too much! ;-)

Great write up as usual, Kevin.

Fly Safe,
Steve R.

Old November 15th 04, 10:34 PM
Simon Robbins

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
snipped

How many hours in total do you have now?

Si

Old November 17th 04, 04:40 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:41:43 GMT, "Steve R."
wrote:

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
I get the ship cooled down, shut off and secured and walk back to the
hangar. As soon as I round the corner, there's Q.. "What was that
mess all about?" ****, he did see that landing. I blamed it on the
rotor wash from the ship next to me.. He gave me one of those "uh
huh" looks and walked away. How come he's never there to see the
really nice ones??

He probably does, just doesn't want to give you a fat head by patting you
on
the back too much! ;-)

He *NEVER* pats me on my back. I know I'm doing good if he's not
giving me sideways looks and not saying anything.

Seems like this guy has no concept of "different strokes for different
folks".

Some people respond well to a bollocking, while others respond better to a
certain amount of praise and encouragement. If he's prepared to give you a
mental battering when you get things wrong, he should be prepared to give
praise when it's earned. Like I said in my other response (your later
thread), I'd be tempted to bin the *******.

I certainly wouldn't recommend him to anyone, and lots of schools rely on
word of mouth to stay in business.

Beav

Old November 20th 04, 11:30 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message news
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:40:33 -0000, "Beav"
wrote:

Seems like this guy has no concept of "different strokes for different
folks".

He's actualy a nice guy and has a lot more patience than I do.

Some people respond well to a bollocking, while others respond better to a
certain amount of praise and encouragement. If he's prepared to give you a
mental battering when you get things wrong, he should be prepared to give
praise when it's earned. Like I said in my other response (your later
thread), I'd be tempted to bin the *******.

I respond well to both, but tend to give back some ass-chewing with
the former. I don't mind not getting accolades etc. They don't
matter to me. I'm not the type that's looking for pats on the back or
mints on my pillow.

I don't think anyone is LOOKING for that, but encouragement doesn't have to
come in the form of a pat on t' back, it can just as easily come by way of a
nod. I'm not a fan of the "If I say nothing, it means you're doing good"
method though. Something a BIT more tangible usually gets better results.

I just don't care about that. Like I said, I
know I'm doing well if he doesn't say or do anything. Occasionally,
I'll get a "good" out of him, but again, I don't care if he doens't
make me all warm and fuzzy or not.

I certainly wouldn't recommend him to anyone, and lots of schools rely on
word of mouth to stay in business.

I guess we see it differently then.

I don't think so Kev, you know what floats your boat, I just wonder if HE
knows (or cares). I've been teaching most of my life (various things at
various points in it) and finding out what makes someone learn more
effectively makes the teaching a pleasure. If I were to approach every "job"
with the same attitude, I'd have had a more stressful existence I'm sure.
Your guy may have a great personaility, but it doesn't come across like
that, mind you..... some people hate me with a vengeance but they still come
to me for lessons on the RC heli's and the piano and the guitar:-))

I enjoy flying with him and I
enjoy the way he pushes me even more.

Pushing is VERY important. On that we agree 100%.

The harder I'm pushed to learn
something, the better I do. It becomes a personal challenge and I'll
be the 1st to admit I'm a poor loser.

Yeah, me too, but sometimes a push can be helped by a pull. (Carrot and
stick?)

Beav