Zoom

Old April 21st 05, 01:49 AM
Dan Horton

Gang,
I believe Mr. Campbell was inside S&F at least one morning of the
2000 show.

I arrived at my airplane about 15 minutes after dawn to find a
person in the midst of a photo session. The cockpit cover had been
removed, dew was dripping off the wing into the rear cockpit, and all
my flight gear was in a pile on the wet grass. I was ****ed. After a
few words I went to find security, but the mystery man was gone when we
returned.

I made no immediate connection with Campbell, as I had no idea what
he looked like at the time. After returning home I read some Zoom
discussion on RAH and realized the likely identity of my visitor. I
think I posted my suspicion to RAH back then.

Nope, can't prove a thing. The guy was 5'9", maybe 5'10", thick
torso, bearded, with hair and beard color brown going gray. I was
facing into the sunrise, so his face was shadowed and under a hat brim.
He was wearing one of those bulging safari vests popular with
journalists, and was brandishing a very fancy camera. When I asked if
he was with a magazine, his response was "No, but I have a website".

Does this fit Campbell circa 2000? To the best of my knowledge no
dawn photo of the airplane ever showed up on the net.

Dan

Old April 21st 05, 02:12 AM
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Juan Jimenez wrote:
Are you inciting people to shoot Jim Campbell? This is a really stupid
thing, ...

OH! You mean that bullets would just bounce when they encounter such a
concentrated level of BS, right?

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...
Steve Foley wrote:
It's too bad they didn't write the message on paint-balls and deliver
them
with CO2

...or lead balls delivered with gunpowder.

Old April 21st 05, 03:23 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Matt Whiting wrote:

Juan Jimenez wrote:

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in
message ...

In article CPX8e.25696$d43.10782@lakeread03, Dan, U.S. Air Force,
retired says

Hey Dan,

Yawn said:

He wasn't banned from the show last year. I was there when he
went in,

and I took pictures. TV and newspaper crews took pictures,
interviewed
him, etc.

Hmm ...not banned? No Press credientials were provided so he had to take
advantage of a bungle in the ticket office to buy a ticket and get in

Wrong again, as usual. He was told he would not be given press
credentials and could buy a ticket to get in like everyone else. It's
all documented, the general media took pictures, video and wrote about
the entire incident.

then he stayed long enough to get some photos and beat feet before
the cops came.

Wrong yet again. He went all over the show, and I was with him. We all
thoroughly enjoyed the reaction of people at the show when he would
show up at booths and display areas.

You really enjoy the "look what idiot showed up" reaction? :-)

Matt

More like "look what the cat dragged in."

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 21st 05, 03:27 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,
Juan Jimenez wrote:

Are you inciting people to shoot Jim Campbell? This is a really stupid
thing, ...

OH! You mean that bullets would just bounce when they encounter such a
concentrated level of BS, right?

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
om...

Steve Foley wrote:

It's too bad they didn't write the message on paint-balls and deliver
them
with CO2

...or lead balls delivered with gunpowder.

Actually yawn is concerned if anyone shoots zoom in the butt they might
hit yawn in the head.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 21st 05, 06:22 AM
Paul Folbrecht

I certainly would take issue with either of those statements.

It's good you have your priorities straight. Good luck on the aviation
career if and when it becomes a reality.

From what I've learned it takes 2 things to build an airplane. Time, and
money. At this stage in my life I don't have an abundance of either one.
Maybe in 10 years when I get some of these kids raised....

Old April 21st 05, 10:38 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Yawn said:

He wasn't banned from the show last year. I was there when he went in,

and I took pictures. TV and newspaper crews took pictures, interviewed
him, etc.

Hmm ...not banned? No Press credientials were provided so he had to take
advantage of a bungle in the ticket office to buy a ticket and get in ,then he
stayed long enough to get some photos and beat feet before the cops came. Sounds
like he knew he wasn't a VIP at SNF. Oh the dashing young Dr Campbell is now a
fearless investigative reporter ,Oops, I mean kinda fearless ,ah...maybe a bit
fearful, well actually he's a coward, but he investigates err sorta
investigates...ah in reality he mostly fabricates his reporting. Did I mention
that this is all in my own humble opinion? :-)

Bet Ousterhout won't publish those.

I bet he would if jaun would send them to John or better yet send them to me
LOL!!I'll make sure the Judge that did the papers gets them :-)

Yawn, I was just giving you a chance to change your mind. I posted them
in A.B.P.A if you care to look. I'll let other people decide what they
actually show.

If he's not banned then why didn't he show up at SnF??

Chuck S RAH 15/1 ret oops I mean RAH 14/1 ret

Chuck, what's a good e-mail address to send you the pictures yawn sent me?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 21st 05, 01:07 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Juan Jimenez says...

Wrong again, as usual. He was told he would not be given press credentials

Hmmm I wonder why? Why couldn't a famous (in his mind) reporter get Press
Credientials at an Air Show where anyone with even a remote Press connection
gets them? I think maybe it was because he was banned from the show?

and could buy a ticket to get in like everyone else.

Who told him that ? Bill Eickoff, John Burton,Patrick Slay ? Or was it a low
level Snafu by people who were not aware of the zoom situation ? Were they aware
they would have called security. They didn't know who zoom was and handled it
as if he were some one who just walked off the street and asked for Press
Credientials.
Why didn't he just buy a ticket this year and pay me a visit ?

It's all documented,
the general media took pictures, video and wrote about the entire incident.

I'm soon to get the photos but what general media wrote about the incident and
when was it published? Documents ? oh good lets see them ,or is this the
typical ANN ploy where your the general media and wrote about it on Ann ?

then he stayed long enough to get some photos and beat feet before the
cops came.

Wrong yet again. He went all over the show, and I was with him.

Maybe so but you didn't go where anyone knew him .Only one person told me that
he saw zoom but it was a day later.Had I seen him I would have had security
there in a minute.

We all
thoroughly enjoyed the reaction of people at the show when he would show up
at booths and display areas.

Whose booths? What display areas? Names please . Why didn't you and zoom show up
at "my" booth so you could "throughly enjoy" "my" reaction? Why didn't you stop
at Paradise city and talk to Dave Piper or Chaz or Wayne Thomas??? You bought a
ticket.. Fact is you went to safe places where you were unknown and
people didn't know zoom would be arrested if caught.

You still haven't figured out how to shut your trap when you don't have a
clue. Figures.

Not true ,if anyone is clueless around here it's not me ..I don't believe zoom
was ever a test pilot ,a father,an Etheopian food relief pilot,Doctor,high time
pilot ,etc., etc....but you do.

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

"zoom can fool most the people some of the time ,some of the people none of the
time,and jaun all of the time" anon

Old April 21st 05, 08:24 PM
Juan Jimenez

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

You really enjoy the "look what idiot showed up" reaction? :-)

Yes, the few times we ran into you and saw you trying to impress people with
your ignorance. *8)

Old April 21st 05, 08:26 PM
Juan Jimenez

"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" wrote in message
newscE9e.28698$d43.4837@lakeread03...
Actually yawn is concerned if anyone shoots zoom in the butt they might
hit yawn in the head.

good thing you're retired, because your jokes suck. i suppose that's the
reason you keep trying to get attention by taking off your clothes in
public, eh? what a dweeb.

get over it already, dannyboy.

Old April 21st 05, 08:44 PM
Juan Jimenez

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message
In article , Juan Jimenez says...

Wrong again, as usual. He was told he would not be given press credentials

Hmmm I wonder why?

If I have to explain it to you, you won't understand it anyway. chuckle

and could buy a ticket to get in like everyone else.

Who told him that ?

The staff at the press credentials at the booth, after talking to HQ on the
radio. Even you should be able to figure that out. Then again, maybe not...

It's all documented, the general media took pictures, video and wrote
about the entire incident.

I'm soon to get the photos but what general media wrote about the incident
and
when was it published?

That's for you to do the research. i'm sure you can get one of your
brownnosers to find that out for you on the internet.

But tell you what, I'll take pity on your ignorance this time and start you
off in the general direction. chuckle

http://search.theledger.com/apps/pbc...6039 1&Ref=AR

Better yet, ask your buddy Ousterhout to look that up for you, he posted it
right here on April 17, 2004. roflmao!

Maybe so but you didn't go where anyone knew him.

Bwaahahahaha! Now there's an idiotic statement if there ever was one. One
thing I can guarantee you, Chuck, is that the number of exhibitors and
visitors at SNF that know Jim is much, MUCH larger than the ones who know
you, kiddo. Sorry to burst your bubble. Kleenex are to your left.//

Only one person told me that he saw zoom but it was a day later.

Awwww. poor baby, you miffed you missed the fun? Don't worry, dannyboy will
send you the pictures. :P

Had I seen him I would have had security there in a minute.

Unhuh. Sure.

Whose booths? What display areas? Names please.

Look, putz, I think you're confusing me with someone who gives a **** if you
know what booths, what areas and what names. Shall I spell that out for you?
Go ask them yourself. Oh, wait, I forgot, many of those didn't go this year,
and many won't come next year because they only saw 1/3 as many people as
last year. I wonder why? Maybe you can ask your buddy Hognose to list the
booths, areas and names for you, since he was there too, as you can see from
the pics. Poor Hognose screwed up one of his legs on a jump and had to do
the entire show on one of those electric scooters. Oh, wait, Kevin is also
on your worthless ****list? That's too bad. Ask John Ballantyne then. Pick a
name, any name! chuckle

Why didn't you and zoom show up at "my" booth so you could "throughly
enjoy" "my" reaction?

Because you didn't rate the privilege, clueless. If you had a single neuron
left between your ears you would have figured that out for yourself...

Zoom for Free Quilljar Simulators 2 January 17th 05 05:57 PM
new URL for the Captain Zoom web page John Ousterhout Home Built 20 August 23rd 04 02:11 AM
Zoom fables on ANN ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 49 July 22nd 04 06:06 PM
Old Time RAH Zoom Warriors read this! Bill Berle Home Built 3 March 23rd 04 02:50 AM