Bullying desguised (badly) as precaution

Old October 24th 05, 07:19 PM
Jim Burns

Default Bullying desguised (badly) as precaution

"AJ" wrote in message
ups.com...
snip
I wonder how many kids who could have grown up into pilots have been
chased away by this slug and others like him.

AJ

Even worse, I wonder how many kids watched him, admired him, and want to
grow up to be like HIM? Grand Theft Auto meet baton wielding Trailer Trash
Mall Cop

Jim

Old October 24th 05, 07:31 PM
Skylune

Jay: I hope you are right about anti GA activists being born every minute.
Where did you get the statistics to verify this statement? I would like
it for future reference.

In answer to your (rhetorical) question, it would be nice if GA pilots
pursued these misguided attempts at enviornmentalism, rather than
polluting the skies and wasting gas in a desperate attempt to obtain a
hamburger.

Old October 24th 05, 07:44 PM
Sylvain

Skylune wrote:
At least you take some responsibility for tresspassing and the result:
ultimate closure of the airport.

latest scoop! Meigs was closed because Johnathan once tried to
enter the terminal

Has the line, "We are pilots" worked in other situations, like when you
are pulled over in your car?

when asked while driving my car on airport property (to get to
an aircraft) it kind of work pretty well actually.

--Sylvain
Old October 24th 05, 07:46 PM
Sylvain

Dave Stadt wrote:
In Chicago a cop being sent to airport duty is worse than being fired. It's
where they send all the screw-ups. It's cheaper and easier than fighting
the union to get them fired.

whaow, they really do care about airport security over there! :-)

--Sylvain
Old October 24th 05, 08:33 PM
Allen

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
This forum is a great source of information and, yes!, entertainment for
me in my quest to SAVE THE WORLD from GA.

Thus proving that there really *is* one born every minute.

Wouldn't it be nice if all the nut jobs restricted themselves to saving
the world for snail darters, red tailed owls, and hump-back whales?

Hey Jay, I thought you were going to draw him out using understanding,
and kindness............... I, like you, have little tolerance for
ignorance. I see you gave it a shot though

Allen

Old October 24th 05, 08:51 PM
Skylune

That midwest sissy crap will never work on Skylune. I am from New Yawk,
and think everything east of the Hudson is an intellectual and
environmental wasteland, best relegated to small planes, crappy little
hotels, farmers whose John Deere caps are curved from peering into their
mailboxes each morning to see if their government subsidy checks to keep
corn out of production have arrived, etc.

Old October 24th 05, 09:11 PM
Steve Foley

How do you feel about west of the Hudson?

lkaboutaviation.com...

Old October 24th 05, 09:21 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article
outaviation.com,
"Skylune" plucked another fig (He is the
Fig Plucker's son), pulled a booger from his nose and scrawled:

That midwest sissy crap will never work on Skylune. I am from New Yawk,
and think everything east of the Hudson is an intellectual and
environmental wasteland, best relegated to small planes, crappy little
hotels, farmers whose John Deere caps are curved from peering into their
mailboxes each morning to see if their government subsidy checks to keep
corn out of production have arrived, etc.

Scrawled the way we would expect from a truly arrogant, selfish, fatuous
ignoramus!

The "'Loon" reminds me of an ant floating down the river, yelling, "Open
the drawbridge!"

He has already admitted his aspiration of becoming an "Oscar Meyer"
wiener, but, sadly, is not good enough to be one; neither is he good
enough to finish pilot training. Instead, he chooses to disparage and
harm the pilots whom he could never hope to equal. The term
"schadenfreude" fits him perfectly.
Old October 24th 05, 09:27 PM
Skylune

LOL. West, WEST!!! I meant west!!! Anyway, you know I'm in the process
of being "outta dare" to move to Cow Hampshire, where lots of corn is
grown. Did you know that cornfields provide an excellent alternative for
"off runway" landings? I only found this out today!

Old October 24th 05, 09:29 PM
Jim Burns

No John Deere's here... not a single one.
And the government doesn't pay us NOT to produce corn.
They pay us the difference between the daily market price and the government
posted price up to a maximum of $40,000 per year total. They also pay a
loan deficiency payment based on the per bushel price of corn that they
would loan using your corn as collateral vs. the actual market price, up to
a maximum of $65,000 total for the crop year.

So, in fact, they pay us TO produce corn, so much so, that the real market
for corn is an abysmal $1.35 per bushel. Add the $105,000 we'll get from
Uncle Sam for the 180,000 bushels we grew, and we get an average price of
$1.93 per bushel. Cost of production is over $2.00, so because of Uncle Sam
we only loose $0.07 per bu or about $12,600 on our corn crop. Why grow it
to loose money you ask? It's like insurance for your land. Good crop
rotation demands that you sometimes grow worthless crops to preserve and
improve your land for the crops that you can make a living growing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with government subsidies, they just make
the national market worse. The government subsidizes corn for several
reasons. Primary is the vote. #2 is to supply the nation with cheap food.
#3 is to have a sufficient commodity base available for export (if this
country ever decides to export anything again). #4 to keep the land values
and the tax base up.

So much for the intellectual view point of a New Yawker about midwest corn
farming.

Jim