Scottish Glider Crash

Old July 16th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_1_]

Default Scottish Glider Crash

wrote:
The Minden Soaring Club webpage recently published an article written
by Pepe Gresa, from Spain, on the exactly this subject matter:

http://mindensoaringclub.com/int2/in...=73&Itemi d=5

The article is informative, and stresses the fact that ELT's do save
lives...

That's a good article, though the Filser link emphasizes the point I was
making: both their ELTs are 121.5 and 243 MHz. No mention of 406 MHz
transmitters.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old July 16th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

At 16:06 16 July 2006, Martin Gregorie wrote:
wrote:
The Minden Soaring Club webpage recently published
an article written
by Pepe Gresa, from Spain, on the exactly this subject
matter:

http://mindensoaringclub.com/int2/in...com_content&ta
sk=view&id=73&Itemid=5

The article is informative, and stresses the fact
that ELT's do save
lives...

That's a good article, though the Filser link emphasizes
the point I was
making: both their ELTs are 121.5 and 243 MHz. No mention
of 406 MHz
transmitters.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
org |

The Wings and Wheels site has some good information
about the current ELT situation and some of the practical
issues regarding the newer 406MHz units - at:

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page13.htm

To my mind none of the currently available fixed 406
units are ideal but it seems likely that more practical
(and hopefully cheaper) models will appear over the
next couple of years. Until then I will stick with
my 121.5/243 MHz Filser ELT2.

John Galloway

Old July 16th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

wrote:
[...]

Glider rating near Sacramento Robert M. Gary Piloting 19 March 8th 06 09:34 PM
Yet another A36 crash H.P. Piloting 10 April 23rd 05 05:58 PM
Power Commercial to Glider Commercial Mitty Soaring 24 March 15th 05 03:41 PM
Sport Pilot - School Won't Offer Gary G Piloting 38 February 16th 05 10:41 AM
Announce/USA: FAA Glider Flying Handbook / Bob Wander SoarBooks Soaring 0 August 11th 03 03:55 PM