FADEC = complex

Old November 28th 06, 06:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default FADEC = complex

Nomen Nescio writes:

You read a few things that you don't understand and then think
you're an expert. In reality, and as you keep proving, you don't
know ****.

I read things, and I learn very fast, and that bothers a lot of
people. But that's not my fault.

Old November 28th 06, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2006-11-24, Dave Stadt wrote:
I think overall, modern electronic engine systems are MUCH more reliable
than old purely mechanical systems. Back to a car anecdote - when I was
a student, I had an old (1969) Mini. It had simple points-and-condenser
ignition control - all completely mechanical.

No doubt Lucas. It is said that if Lucas made guns wars wouldn't work
either. :-

Yeah, the 'Prince of Darkness' was certainly prevalent on the Mini - but
it wasn't just cars with Lucas electrics that suffered this sort of
reliability in the bad old days.

Incidentally, my (very reliable) Audi is all Lucas electronics! (I was
quite surprised when I lifted the hood the first time). Lucas logos
everywhere, but it's not let me down.

Old November 28th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Mxsmanic wrote:

Newps writes:

In GA planes, which is what we're talking about here, they all move.

All is a broad statement. Have you flown all GA planes?

Have you flown even one? Get back to us when you do.

There seems to be great variability in autopilot implementations,

There's almost none. A servo grabs a cable and pushes/pulls.

and
it is certainly possible to design one that does not move the yoke.

It's possible to design anything. But the yoke is directly connected to
the control surface by a cable. How the hell are you going to move a
control surface without moving the yoke?

Yes, really.

It seems that it would take quite a bit of stretching around the
windows to see exactly what the ailerons are doing on both wings,

It doesn't.

Old November 28th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Newps writes:

Have you flown even one?

Since they are all different, flying one isn't necessarily much better
than flying none, with respect to aircraft one hasn't flown.

There's almost none. A servo grabs a cable and pushes/pulls.

You haven't used autopilots on large jets, have you?

It's possible to design anything. But the yoke is directly connected to
the control surface by a cable. How the hell are you going to move a
control surface without moving the yoke?

If it's not directly connected, it might not move.

Old November 28th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Mxsmanic wrote:

You haven't used autopilots on large jets, have you?

We're not talking about jets or even turboprops. Nice evasion though.
The subject at hand, my dimwitted friend, is GA aircraft of the type
people in this group fly and the very same type you yourself referenced.

It's possible to design anything. But the yoke is directly connected to
the control surface by a cable. How the hell are you going to move a
control surface without moving the yoke?

If it's not directly connected, it might not move.

They are always connected.
Old November 28th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Newps writes:

We're not talking about jets or even turboprops.

I'm talking about all aircraft.

The subject at hand, my dimwitted friend, is GA aircraft of the type
people in this group fly and the very same type you yourself referenced.

There's more to aviation than go-karts with wings.

Old November 28th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Theune

Mxsmanic wrote:
Newps writes:

We're not talking about jets or even turboprops.

I'm talking about all aircraft.

The subject at hand, my dimwitted friend, is GA aircraft of the type
people in this group fly and the very same type you yourself referenced.

There's more to aviation than go-karts with wings.

You are truly setting a new record for stupid, which I did not think you
could top based on your other posts.
Old November 29th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ben Hallert

Mxsmanic wrote:

I read things, and I learn very fast, and that bothers a lot of
people. But that's not my fault.

What bothers us is that you read things, then make authoritative
statements that are factually incorrect and represent:
1. A basic misunderstanding about the subject and
2. A dogged determinism not to allow yourself to be corrected by people
who DO know.

You have repeatedly soiled yourself conversationally and any shred of
respect or admiration you might have had at any point during the
'grooming' phase of your troll here has been blasted out the window by
your recent behavior here and in other threads.