Turn to Final - Keeping Ball Centered

Old March 17th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Turn to Final - Keeping Ball Centered

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Bob F." wrote in
:

The 757 stall warning sound is an option. It is turned on, if your
company bought it, by the warning level settings. What airline? I
might be able to tell you where it is. I have some manuals around
yet.

Ah, won;'t say! I haven't stalled one of them, yet, anyway..

We must have done some in the sim when I got typed, but I can;'t
remember.
Anyhow, the CEO's name was Hoot Gibson, if you remember. That's the
reason for the stall warning sound request.
(not a factual story, just an industry rumor).
OK. I don't think that hoot got to management, did he? There's been a
lot of Hoot Gibsons. All named after one cowboy movie star from the
thirties, apparently...

Bertie

Hoot Gibson the Astronaut is one. The next name I've run into a lot in
aviation is "Dusty" Rhoads :-))

Haven;'t heard of any of them yet. I looked up Hoot Gibsons on the net
trying to figure out how the name came to be so common. The Cowboy hoot
was also an air racer in the thirties. I think he raced a Waco of some
description.

Bertie

I never knew that!! Learn something new about people every day.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old March 17th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Bob F." wrote in
:

[...]

Well, we were talking about the 727 that rolled over and just googled
the name and came up with those guys. He was a kind of Gene Autry type,
I think.

Bertie
Old March 17th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Mar 17, 1:42 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:

Hoot Gibson the Astronaut is one. The next name I've run into a lot in
aviation is "Dusty" Rhoads :-))

For true grit you can't go past Sandy Shore

Old March 17th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

george wrote:
On Mar 17, 1:42 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:

Hoot Gibson the Astronaut is one. The next name I've run into a lot in
aviation is "Dusty" Rhoads :-))

For true grit you can't go past Sandy Shore

We have a plumber in our local phone book named Donald Duck. How would
you like to have been THIS poor guy going through grade school!!

--
Dudley Henriques

Implications of.....keeping the speed up [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 48 January 14th 07 11:41 PM
Gamepad, stopping throttle axis from being auto-centered DenisK Simulators 1 December 20th 06 09:16 AM
Keeping a builders log Lou Home Built 24 January 28th 06 10:46 PM
Thanks for ideas on drilling a centered hole! Scott Home Built 12 October 25th 04 02:52 AM
Keeping Me Out of Your Warbird? Stephen Harding Military Aviation 47 February 12th 04 04:34 PM