WinPilot 9.11 PRO and GPS-NAV

Old October 2nd 08, 10:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jarek

Default WinPilot 9.11 PRO and GPS-NAV

I currently use the WP 8.0 with a GS-NAV unit. To make it work I use
GPS-NAV 2 setting in the Hardware dropdown list (About screen).

I had a look at the most recent version of WP (9.11 PRO) and noticed that
the corresponding drop-down list no longer has GPS-NAV setting (it has:
Other, CAI 302, LX 1600 and Easy Match Box).

Is this version of WP going to work with GPS-NAV? If so, which setting
should be used?

Thanks
Jarek

Old October 2nd 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shaun McLaughlin

Hi Jarek,

I think you need to look at the WP ADV version rather than the PRO (which
needs pressure information etc, hence the different list of
loggers/varios).

The release notes for V9.xx state bugs are fixed with the GPS-NAV so I
think you will be fine.

Cheers,
Shaun

Old October 2nd 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jarek

Thanks Shaun,

It looks like I assumed incorrectly that WP PRO can be used with GPS-NAV
which does not seem to be the case. WP 9.11 ADV does have GPS-NAV 1 and 2
settings.

Regards
Jarek

Old October 2nd 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

On Oct 2, 2:36*am, "Jarek" wrote:
I currently use the WP 8.0 with a GS-NAV unit. To make it work I use
GPS-NAV 2 setting in the Hardware dropdown list (About screen).

I had a look at the most recent version of WP (9.11 PRO) and noticed that
the corresponding drop-down list no longer has GPS-NAV setting (it has:
Other, CAI 302, LX 1600 and Easy Match Box).

Is this version of WP going to work with GPS-NAV? If so, which setting
should be used?

Thanks
Jarek

Jarek,

A purchase of WinPilot PRO also includes the passwords for WinPilot
ADV. WinPilot PRO needs vario data that the GPS-NAV does not output.

Thanks,

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

WinPilot Pro AAT bug? Frank[_1_] Soaring 12 December 23rd 07 10:14 PM
Winpilot NGC Soaring 3 November 22nd 07 06:00 AM
WinPilot AK Soaring 1 September 28th 07 04:41 AM
Winpilot and OLC P. Corbett Soaring 3 March 26th 06 10:54 PM
WinPilot Offers Free WinPilot XP for your Desktop Computer Richard Pfiffner Soaring 0 November 8th 03 04:44 PM