Before Help Arrived

Old January 17th 09, 10:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Scubabix

Default Before Help Arrived

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message
"Herman" wrote in
b.home.nl:

"Mitchell Holman" schreef in bericht

Down in the Hudson

Remarkable demonstration of airmanship by that pilot.
Do you think anyone would have moving pictures of the actual forced
landing?

Regards,
Herman

The whole thing happened pretty quickly, I doubt
there is any footage of the actual landing.

There is a video from a webcam type camera in the vicinity of the piers on
the NY side. I'm not sure where you can see it, I saw it on Comcast's The
Fan.

Rob

Old January 17th 09, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Scubabix

MSNBC has some fottage of the touchdown

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28688215?gt1=43001

That's the same one I saw on Comcast.

Old January 17th 09, 10:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"Scubabix" wrote in message

MSNBC has some fottage of the touchdown

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28688215?gt1=43001

That's the same one I saw on Comcast.

It appears to be security camera footage.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Old January 17th 09, 11:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
nockers

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:46:37 -0500, nockers wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 06:55:32 -0600, Mitchell Holman
wrote:

"Avsec" wrote in news:49716225$0$26849$afc38c87
:

Thanks for the posting Mitchell. A good example when a picture is better
than a thousand words. What I find interesting that it occurred without a
single boat in the proximately of the ditching which could have been
fortunate under the circumstances.

Cheers,

Avsec

The fact that the pilot was also trained in gliders helped.

MSNBC has some fottage of the touchdown

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28688215?gt1=43001

Some great shots from the US Coast Gaurd of the 3 Ferry boats on seen
within minutes after touchdown

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/18/ny...1&ref=nyregion

Old January 18th 09, 12:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
nockers

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 17:44:11 -0500, "Andrew Chaplin"
wrote:

"Scubabix" wrote in message

MSNBC has some fottage of the touchdown

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28688215?gt1=43001

That's the same one I saw on Comcast.

It appears to be security camera footage.

Here is another one that shows the unsung heros. The Ferry boat crews
they had no less than 6 boats at the scene within 5 minutes watc the
video about half way down the page

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/18/ny...l?ref=nyregion
Old January 18th 09, 11:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D. St-Sanvain

Default USCG video - Before Help Arrived

Hello,

Scubabix a écrit dans
:
"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message
"Herman" wrote in
b.home.nl:

"Mitchell Holman" schreef in bericht

Down in the Hudson

Remarkable demonstration of airmanship by that pilot.
Do you think anyone would have moving pictures of the actual forced
landing?

Regards,
Herman

The whole thing happened pretty quickly, I doubt
there is any footage of the actual landing.

There is a video from a webcam type camera in the vicinity of the piers on
the NY side. I'm not sure where you can see it, I saw it on Comcast's The
Fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mLKfRVU3qM

Skip to 2:00

Rob