Citabria Fuel-Flow Problem

Old May 23rd 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Citabria Fuel-Flow Problem

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
news

wrote in message

@e53g2000hsa.googlegroups.com.
..
On May 19, 7:00 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
wrote in news:6cbe76a7-0b6a-4d7c-a352-
:

On May 19, 5:27 pm, quietguy wrote:
There were no cracks or other obvious
flaws but both gaskets were equally bad at sealing; that's why a
simple cap-swap didn't change anything. It seems that the left
tank just isn't as sensitive to venting/sealing problems as the
right. To seal well, even with good gaskets, the caps have to be
difficult to screw down tight.

The LH tank vents directly outside, while the RH tank vent
into
the left,

Not according to my manual, which has a T fitting feeding air to
both tanks from the one vent on all models. It wouldn't be the first
time the reality differed from the manuals, of course.

Bertie

Must have changed at some point. Both of ours have the vent
feeding through a check valve into the LH tank, and a crossover vent
connection between the inboard walls of both tanks.

Dan

You're just feeding a troll. All he does is repeat what he is told.
Very much like MX.

MX isn't told anything.

I suppose since you were born with the aviation gene you don't need to
be told anything, eh?

#Bwawhawhahwhahwhahwhhahwhah!

Bertie
Old May 23rd 08, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Forged post

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:3vdZj.919$7k1.862
@newsfe24.lga:

forged post

Nope.

Wonder how I would know that, BTW?

Bertie
Old May 24th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Saville

quietguy wrote:

The Citabria's fuel system is okay now; those who guessed "filler
caps" have the satisfaction of being right. The A&P had time to give
the system a good look late last week and we tested the fix with some
local and cross-country flying over the weekend. The left tank still
tends to contribute a bit more than the right in flight, but "it's
always done that." And the system now crossflows on the ground when
the wings are not level, which it had stopped doing.

Thanks for startingthe topic. This is good stuff to know. One recently
checked out on a Citabria at one of my FBO's and I'll keep what you found
out in mind.

Citabria Fuel-Flow Problem quietguy Piloting 45 May 24th 08 01:41 PM
Fuel Flow and Peak EGT Kobra Owning 21 May 2nd 07 02:02 AM
fuel flow on the cheap pittss1c Home Built 3 May 7th 06 10:12 PM
V8 fuel flow Robert Bates Home Built 34 January 24th 05 03:41 AM
Fuel Flow Monitoring EDR Owning 4 October 18th 03 03:10 AM