Twist-on BNC connectors

Old January 14th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Stewart

Default Twist-on BNC connectors

Are they acceptable for avionics use?
Old January 15th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Maynard

On 2008-01-14, Jim Stewart wrote:
Are they acceptable for avionics use?

They're not acceptable for any use, IMAO. I've never seen one that was
connected well enough to hold together for five minutes or work well enough
to get signal through. I've had too many bad experiences with them to ever
use one.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)
Old January 16th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_5_]

On Jan 14, 6:53*pm, Jim Stewart wrote:
Are they acceptable for avionics use?

I wouldn't use them for anything - let alone on an airplane.

My advice would be to get some RG-142 coax cable and the correct
connectors for it. Then invest in (or borrow) the correct crimpers,
and learn how to properly install the connectors. Then do the job in
your plane. You won't be sorry - the RF cables in my plane have been
working fine since about 1979.

David Johnson

Old January 16th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Stewart

Dave wrote:
On Jan 14, 6:53 pm, Jim Stewart wrote:
Are they acceptable for avionics use?

I wouldn't use them for anything - let alone on an airplane.

My advice would be to get some RG-142 coax cable and the correct
connectors for it. Then invest in (or borrow) the correct crimpers,
and learn how to properly install the connectors. Then do the job in
your plane. You won't be sorry - the RF cables in my plane have been
working fine since about 1979.

I'm going to do just that. I need a
dozen assorted jumpers for the lab anyway.

Thanks to all.

LLC ownership of airplane -- another twist xyzzy Owning 10 June 16th 07 04:34 PM
SR-22 Crash, with a twist john smith Piloting 47 March 20th 07 11:49 PM
Battery Connectors Paul Remde Soaring 9 April 9th 06 06:39 PM
A new twist on complaints Roger Piloting 37 November 11th 05 08:50 AM
Solid joystick (X-45 or HOTAS quality) with a *twist*? Zenin Simulators 3 January 26th 04 06:30 AM