AF#3

Old October 22nd 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Christopher Range

Default AF#3

The thinking is that, my fiance n' I would fly into BWI since that is
closer to Johns Hopkins(Baltimore) than my mother(northern Montgomery
County) is.

Where the question comes in, is this, would it be possible to start the
return from the Montgomery County Airpark(which is 5mins. from her
house) instead of BWI or, would we have to stick with BWI?

I am not complaining or whining. I am just thinking logistically.

Christopher
Old October 22nd 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"Christopher Range" wrote in message
[...]
Where the question comes in, is this, would it be possible to start the
return from the Montgomery County Airpark(which is 5mins. from her house)
instead of BWI or, would we have to stick with BWI?

I am not complaining or whining. I am just thinking logistically.

You need to consult with the pilot who will be flying you. He would have to
reposition the airplane from BWI to Montgomery County. Whether that's an
inconvenience for him or not, only he can say.

That said, it probably would *not* be a problem, and in fact he might
appreciate being able to simply drop you off at BWI and then immediately
depart for Montgomery County to wait for you there.

Of course, if there is not a single pilot flying a single round-trip flight,
but instead one flight to drop you off and then another later on to pick you
up, there should be no problem at all being picked up at a different
airport. You just need to make sure you make your needs clear to whoever is
making the Angel Flight arrangements.

Pete

Old October 22nd 06, 07:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Christopher Range

Peter Duniho wrote:

"Christopher Range" wrote in message

[...]
Where the question comes in, is this, would it be possible to start the
return from the Montgomery County Airpark(which is 5mins. from her house)
instead of BWI or, would we have to stick with BWI?

I am not complaining or whining. I am just thinking logistically.

You need to consult with the pilot who will be flying you. He would have to
reposition the airplane from BWI to Montgomery County. Whether that's an
inconvenience for him or not, only he can say.

That is why I asked the question, just so I would know, if it was not
feasible to try to fly out of the Airpark, after everything is done. I
don't care, whether it is more feasible for me.

I wanted to understand whether it would be feasible for the pilot.

Even if the pilot were willing to make that change, for the flight back,
Now that I think about it, that would be asking a bit much. Flying a
plane is not like riding a tricycle.

That said, it probably would *not* be a problem, and in fact he might
appreciate being able to simply drop you off at BWI and then immediately
depart for Montgomery County to wait for you there.

Oh, ok.

Of course, if there is not a single pilot flying a single round-trip flight,
but instead one flight to drop you off and then another later on to pick you
up, there should be no problem at all being picked up at a different
airport. You just need to make sure you make your needs clear to whoever is
making the Angel Flight arrangements.

Pete

I will talk with them on Monday.

Thankyou for your detailed response.

Christopher

P.S. To all AF pilots here, thankyou for your assistance because
Sheila(AF Central MIssion Coordinator) would probably be frazzled if I
kept calling her with numerous questions.