DG 800b/808b

Old March 13th 14, 06:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default DG 800b/808b

Hi all,
Does anyone here know if there is a difference between a DG800b and DG808b?

Thanks Ben
Old March 13th 14, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GC[_2_]

On 13/03/2014 17:30, wrote:
Hi all,
Does anyone here know if there is a difference between a DG800b and DG808b?

Thanks Ben

Yes. The 808 has a wider chord fin (about 4 inches IIRC).
Old March 14th 14, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

wrote:
Hi all,
Does anyone here know if there is a difference between a DG800b and DG808b?

Thanks Ben

Yeah... 8 ;-)

Pete
Old March 14th 14, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

The 8 means a lot if you need parts.
Jim
Old March 14th 14, 07:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Rollings[_2_]

I don't know about the 800/808 but, a while back, I had a reasonable amount
of time in a DG500M, then I had a flight in the, "new, much improved"
DG505M. The only differences I could find were, the engine instruments
were on the right side of the panel instead of the left and the front seat
head-rest was a different shape.

Old March 14th 14, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob McLean

wrote:
Hi all,
Does anyone here know if there is a difference between a DG800b and

DG808b?

Thanks Ben

Yeah... 8 ;-)

Pete

hello Chris,

Could you give the works number of the 2 DG500 series you are commenting
on.

Regards

Karen

Old March 15th 14, 07:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Rollings[_2_]

wrote:
Hi all,
Does anyone here know if there is a difference between a DG800b and
DG808b?

Thanks Ben

Yeah... 8 ;-)

Pete

hello Chris,

Could you give the works number of the 2 DG500 series you are commenting
on.

Regards

Karen

Afraid not, it was nearly 20 years ago, in Australia.

Old March 15th 14, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Lowrie

The 808b has changes at the back of the fuselage to improve the rudder
authority... which was acceptable on the 800 but not stunning.

A friend has an 808b and it is difficult to see the differences, but I
think the fin might be a bit taller... as will the rudder... hence better
rudder authority.

At the time I changed the tailwheel assembly from the plain bearing type to
the ball bearing version, and whilst this could clearly have no impact on
the rudder authority, it felt much better as the rudder forces were
reduced...

I think the energency switch which is near the pilots right knee on the
800b is moved to the instrument panel... The switch from the conventional
DEI to the DEI NT did not come with the DG808b, although I thing later
DG808b's got this....

They are all pretty good gliders with a good performance... I did my
UK750km diploma in mine and flew the UK 18m Nationals with reasonable
results...

Craig

wrote:
Hi all,
Does anyone here know if there is a difference between a DG800b and

DG808b?

Thanks Ben

Yeah... 8 ;-)

Pete

Flight Manual For DG-400 and DG-800B Ernst Soaring 6 August 12th 10 02:34 PM
FS DG-808B Ed Hollestelle Soaring 0 June 8th 09 01:14 AM
DG 800B Power plug HL Falbaum Soaring 3 October 3rd 05 12:54 PM
DG 808B Mal Soaring 7 July 23rd 05 02:47 AM
FS DG-800B 11w Soaring 0 November 7th 03 04:15 AM