IGC File Generation

Old March 11th 14, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KiloKilo[_2_]

Default IGC File Generation

Morning,

Anybody have a program that will generate IGC file records ... for a course line defined by starting and ending lat/lon coordinates - and a fixed altitude - 5000'.

We're trying to develop some training material for XC newbies ... i.e. creating videos of simulated flights down a course leg using IGC Flight Replay ... so they can 'see' terrain, airports, navigations aids, etc.

Thanks,

kk
Old March 11th 14, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

An igc file is a simple .txt file that can be edited with any word processor.

Take an existing igc file, rename it with a .txt extension, open it, look for the part with coordinates and altitudes, modify some coordinates as you wish, dump the others, save as .txt, rename as .igc.

Of course, it will not be a valid igc file, but it can be read by SeeYou etc.
Old March 11th 14, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

At 14:26 11 March 2014, KiloKilo wrote:
Morning,

Anybody have a program that will generate IGC file records ... for a

course
line defined by starting and ending lat/lon coordinates - and a fixed
altitude - 5000'.

We're trying to develop some training material for XC newbies ... i.e.
creating videos of simulated flights down a course leg using IGC Flight
Replay ... so they can 'see' terrain, airports, navigations aids, etc.

Thanks,

kk

Hi KK

Download my Handicap Task software from www.boffins.co.uk/gliding

If you enter a task it will produce a trace for you at 1000m.
Give me a couple of hours and I will put up the latest version 1.1.8

Jim

Old March 11th 14, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Load LK 8000 on your PC. Fly your task in sim mode. Use the created IGC file to play back in IGC Replay complete with thermals.

Lane

Old March 11th 14, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:26:05 AM UTC-4, KiloKilo wrote:
Morning,

Anybody have a program that will generate IGC file records ... for a course line defined by starting and ending lat/lon coordinates - and a fixed altitude - 5000'.

We're trying to develop some training material for XC newbies ... i.e. creating videos of simulated flights down a course leg using IGC Flight Replay ... so they can 'see' terrain, airports, navigations aids, etc.

Thanks,

kk

Use Google Earth. You can vary eye altitude, heading, and move down course like normal in GE.

Dan

Next generation AH Soaring 10 March 18th 13 11:02 PM
[Xcsoar-user] Terrain and waypoint file generation Ed Winchester[_2_] Soaring 0 May 3rd 09 02:34 PM
Next Generation Pilot? [email protected] Piloting 6 December 30th 07 02:12 AM
SSA-OLC Generation 2 Update Doug Haluza Soaring 2 October 22nd 06 10:01 AM
SSA-OLC Generation 2.0 Doug Haluza Soaring 26 October 19th 06 02:46 AM