The Verdict on FS2004?

Old December 29th 03, 03:25 AM
Wayne M.

Default The Verdict on FS2004?

Before I make the jump from FS2002, could I get some feedback on whether you
think it's a good idea?

I've put a lot of time and energy into my AI Aircraft and wonder if they
will work as well in 2004.
I've also heard some horror stories about 2004's frame rates, start up
problems, etc.
So anything you can tell me would really help.

Thanks,

--

Wayne

Old December 29th 03, 04:45 AM
jbarnes0995

You will Never regret upgrading, and I do mean it is an upgrade, to
FS2004. Everything is so much better all the way around.
Happy Holidays,
Jim Barnes

Old December 29th 03, 10:29 AM
Bill

"Wayne M." wrote in message
s.com...
Before I make the jump from FS2002, could I get some feedback on whether

you
think it's a good idea?

I've put a lot of time and energy into my AI Aircraft and wonder if they
will work as well in 2004.
I've also heard some horror stories about 2004's frame rates, start up
problems, etc.
So anything you can tell me would really help.

Thanks,

--

Wayne

It really depends on your current system specs. It can either be a pleasant
experience or truly miserable :-)

Bill

Old December 29th 03, 11:52 AM
Quilljar

Go for it Wayne,
The occasional poor reports were almost certainly from 'non-enthusiasts' who
still had under powered CPUs. It is true that FS2004 needs around 2.6 chip
and a good 128 video card for decent results, but it is soooo much better
than FS2002 from the eye candy, weather, and ATC. Also all the new addons
are of course designed for FS2004 now. After installing, I have NEVER run
2002 again, not once! Pretty well all my extra 2002 scenery and mesh has
transferred happily too.

---

Old December 29th 03, 12:04 PM
Henri H. Arsenault

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 03:25:17 GMT, "Wayne M."
wrote:

Before I make the jump from FS2002, could I get some feedback on whether you
think it's a good idea?

The frame rates in FS2004 are actually faster than in FS2002. The
graphics are much improved, with the exception on many missing
bridges. The ATC is a major improvement. I haven't tried using planes
from FS2002, so I can't comment on that.

IMHO it is worth the upgrade.

Henri
Old December 29th 03, 02:07 PM
Wayne M.

Sounds mostly favorable. Got a pretty good system and plenty of HD space.
Could keep both on and if 2004 seemed a problem, always have my 2002.
Do the current AI Aircraft work as they did in 2002? I've put a lot into
them, with flightplans, upgraded config files, etc.

Thanks for the input guys!

--

Wayne

Old December 29th 03, 06:22 PM
Quilljar

What about the AI planes. Do they fly as they didn in FS 2002?

The Speedbyrd :

Dunno, I never use the AI planes. I don't like being crowded, same reason I
never use the ATC either in the sim or IRL if I can help it. Sorry

---

Old December 30th 03, 12:36 PM
Clive

"Wayne M." wrote in message
s.com...
Before I make the jump from FS2002, could I get some feedback on whether

you
think it's a good idea?

I've put a lot of time and energy into my AI Aircraft and wonder if they
will work as well in 2004.
I've also heard some horror stories about 2004's frame rates, start up
problems, etc.
So anything you can tell me would really help.

Thanks,

--

Wayne

If you ain't got a high spec machine you will be dissapointed - you won't
get all the great eye candy, etc, unless you have the right machine torun it
smoothly.

I went from 2002 to 2004 on existing hardware - PIII 933 512 mb RAM, 32mb
Nvidia card.

After a major upgrade 3gb P4, 1gb RAM, 128 video card - everything runs
great

Clive

Old December 30th 03, 02:04 PM
Wayne M.

I've ordered a 128MB card, everything else is upgraded. I can just keep both
on the system and see what works best.
Thanks for the info.

--

Wayne