Great Sunglasses

Old December 27th 14, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Great Sunglasses

After dropping my $100 "aviator" sunglasses and shattering a lense (and
couldn't find replacement lenses), I turned to my old friend, Amazon.
Here's what I settled on: Tifosi Sunglasses
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKERBU4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

At a quarter the price, these are the best sunglasses I've ever had, and
replacement lenses are also available on Amazon. Just thought I'd share.
--
Dan Marotta

Old December 28th 14, 09:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Tifosi are great for the price I have a pair. The difference between the price of Maui Jims & Tifosi is a couple of tows.
Glenn

Old December 30th 14, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

I started using these with the brown tint and reading lenses $12.75 a pair. These work extremely well, give full eye coverage, and I don't cry when something happens to them.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/...%29/SG-2911725

SF

Old December 30th 14, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:51:55 AM UTC-6, SF wrote:
I started using these with the brown tint and reading lenses $12.75 a pair. These work extremely well, give full eye coverage, and I don't cry when something happens to them.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/...%29/SG-2911725

SF

How is distance vision when using reader lenses?
Old December 30th 14, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Of course everyone has their favorites. If you prefer polarized lenses as I do (they improve contrast for picking out gliders and other traffic, spotting haze domes and convergence lines, etc.), then finding quality sun readers is a little more challenging.

I have been very happy with Suncloud readers. The "Conductor" is my style of choice. They are available on Amazon for about $80. ( http://www.amazon.com/Suncloud-Condu...ncloud+readers ) The Quality and clarity are very good. Polarization angle in each lens is well aligned, and the reading lenses are well positioned for the panel.

Many folks may have concerns about polarized distortion through the canopy, or difficulty in reading electronic instruments, but I have experienced none of this. I fly with a V7, a Colibri II in portrait orientation, an Oudi II (sunlight readable), and a FlarmView display.

Matt Herron

Old December 30th 14, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I bought a pair of Eagle Eyes polarized glasses with readers for the
better soaring visibility. It was then that I discovered that my
CAI-302 was one of those with the improperly polarized glass. Couldn't
see it without craning my neck or removing the glasses.

Taking advantage of the ClearNav offer to trade the 302 for a CNv-XC.
Should get it next week!

Old December 31st 14, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

The reader lenses are like Bifocals, they are low on the lens and with the reclined position in the glider they work out really well for the control panel. I have some expensive sunglasses and I like ones from Automation direct better at 10% of the price.

SF
Old March 11th 16, 11:34 PM
JJL JJL is offline
Junior Member

I flying with my Scheydens. The glass lenses are amazing and the thin temples work great!

sunglasses [email protected] Soaring 24 January 22nd 06 03:49 PM
Great little old notebook computer, works great with AOPA's flight planner, email, internet Cecil Chapman Products 0 January 14th 06 04:34 PM
HDL-3CT Sunglasses Icebound Piloting 5 August 18th 05 07:30 AM
Great Fashion Designer Inspired Sunglasses Cookiestory Soaring 5 May 10th 05 12:18 PM
Sunglasses? Greg Butler Piloting 17 October 27th 04 01:40 AM