Top Hat

Old March 7th 21, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default Top Hat

I tried to connect to the Top Hat website via Chrome, Firefox and was unable to.
Is this website dead?
Old March 7th 21, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

On 3/7/2021 2:41 PM, 6PK wrote:
I tried to connect to the Top Hat website via Chrome, Firefox and was unable to.
Is this website dead?

The security certificate seems to have been "revoked". I've managed to
connect to some of the pages via an older browser on an older operating
system.

There has been no Tophat development since late 2017, so there's nothing
new on the web site anyway. If you want the Tophat program file you can
ask here and somebody will send it to you - I have the Nook and PC and
Kobo-Mini versions. These 2017 versions are still quite useful.

Hopefully some people will pick up the Tophat development since it seems
that Robert Dunning has retired from that role.
Old March 7th 21, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 2:55:35 PM UTC-5, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 3/7/2021 2:41 PM, 6PK wrote:
I tried to connect to the Top Hat website via Chrome, Firefox and was unable to.

I had the same problem from my iPad and a PC laptop. But my desktop which isn’t out of date worked.

It may seen heresy but it would be nice of the XCSoar folks welcomes the program back like the prodigal son and at least hosted the info on their website.
Old March 8th 21, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 11:41:58 AM UTC-8, 6PK wrote:
I tried to connect to the Top Hat website via Chrome, Firefox and was unable to.
Is this website dead?

I was able to connect with Chrome on my PC.
Old March 8th 21, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 8:32:29 AM UTC-8, soaringjac wrote:
On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 11:41:58 AM UTC-8, 6PK wrote:
I tried to connect to the Top Hat website via Chrome, Firefox and was unable to.
Is this website dead?

I was able to connect with Chrome on my PC.

Hmmm....still no joy on my end
Old March 9th 21, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

You might try the wayback machine at http://web.archive.org/ . Amazing.

Old March 13th 21, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 2:55:35 PM UTC-5, Moshe Braner wrote:
Hopefully some people will pick up the Tophat development since it seems
that Robert Dunning has retired from that role.

I heard that he has quit soaring and that is a loss to our sport.
Anyone know why he left?
Old March 13th 21, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 1:55:35 PM UTC-6, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 3/7/2021 2:41 PM, 6PK wrote:
I tried to connect to the Top Hat website via Chrome, Firefox and was unable to.
Is this website dead?

The security certificate seems to have been "revoked". I've managed to
connect to some of the pages via an older browser on an older operating
system.

There has been no Tophat development since late 2017, so there's nothing
new on the web site anyway. If you want the Tophat program file you can
ask here and somebody will send it to you - I have the Nook and PC and
Kobo-Mini versions. These 2017 versions are still quite useful.

Hopefully some people will pick up the Tophat development since it seems
that Robert Dunning has retired from that role.

Does anyone have the Android version 2.2.c? I have the 2.2.b and have found it very good, but cannot find the 2.2.c or the release notes to see what the changes are.
Old March 13th 21, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

this is the latest beta 2.2.2c (android apk file) https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sasapfb38...droid.apk?dl=0