Announcing 2020 18-meter Nats will be held in Nephi, Utah

Old April 7th 19, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Announcing 2020 18-meter Nats will be held in Nephi, Utah

The Utah Soaring Association is thrilled to host another national soaring contest at Nephi from 6/28/2020 through 7/9/2020. This time will be the 18 meter nationals where the best of the best pilots in the newest super ships can compete in a western soaring paradise. That's the best marketing sentence I can come up with - haha.

Nephi is an excellent western-USA location for long, ballasted, fast, high flying racing. Nephi is a proven great airport close to civilization with water ballast spouts right at each glider tie down spot, a 100' x 6,200' paved runway at 5k' elevation, and both a cross wind and parallel secondary landing area inside the airport fence if needed.

We will also be hosting a simultaneous regional (region 9) Sports Class contest during this event. Come experience the thrill of flying around both Utah's mountains and the Great Basin's high thermal heavens. 18 meter national entries are limited to 45 gliders and the regional contest entries are limited to 20 gliders. These limits allow for all pilots in the nationals to launch within an hour.

As always with Nephi events, this is a PowerFlarm mandatory event per approved waiver. Spots will be allocated per the SSA rules for national contests based on pilot rankings and when deposits are received.

For more information or to register:
2020 18 meter nationals - https://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2449
2020 Region 9 Sports Class Contest - https://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2450

Looking forward to racing with most of you in 2020!

Bruno - B4
Old April 7th 19, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Struthers

At 16:49 07 April 2019, wrote:

Looking forward to racing with most of you in 2020!

Bruno - B4

Most !!! intriguing

Old April 8th 19, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

I'd prefer that SSA were allocating InReaches

Lou

Old April 8th 19, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

Mlou,
I’ll loan you my Spot for free if you need one, just send me your address.
Old April 13th 19, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Sunday, April 7, 2019 at 10:49:28 AM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

DON"T MESS WITH B4 known also as ""CONAN the BARBARIAN""!!!!
B4 did say "most of you"......

2020 18 Meter Nationals
Contestant Information
ID Contestant Class Status
43 Martin Grant 18 Meter New
S Ronald Rose 18 Meter New
9B Andy Blackburn 18 Meter Pending
XXX Josef Bostik 18 Meter Pending
LX John Murray 18 Meter Pending
3C Charles Ryan 18 Meter Pending
MM John Weber 18 Meter Pending
B4 Bruno Vassel 18 Meter Confirmed
7T Sean Fidler 18 Meter Wait Listed

7T you be the only one(so far) to reap the list of "CONAN the BARBARIAN"!

LMAO....Best. #711.
Old April 14th 19, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

I thought B4 was known as Julie - the cruise director?
Old April 14th 19, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

[...]

Bruno, what 18M ship are you planning to fly?
Old April 14th 19, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Haha - funny to see that anyone caught that. I was just messing around with Sean. He was also the only entry that was wait listed for the Logan OLC camp later this year. Now that the joke was made public, I changed his status back to "Pending Docs" like the rest of you poor saps. Thanks everyone who has already registered. It should be an EPIC contest to fly in. Nephi summer conditions and 18 meter racing ships may even approach Uvalde racing mystique.

As for my ship? Since I will have home court advantage, I thought it would be appropriate to even out the playing field by flying my 15-meter 27B.

Cheers everyone!
Bruno - B4